8- Xavier

I sat on my bed, staring up at the ceiling as my brother paced the room. "I just don't understand why we have to go to that stupid camp.  Dad can teach us everything we need to know," Zander complained for the second time today.  I closed my eyes for a moment, and my brain pulled up that new guy.  He was small. His brown hair was a frizzy curly and his dark eyes held a sorrow I had never seen before. A soft material slammed roughly on my face and I sat up, glaring at my brother.  "You're not even listening to me!"

I scoffed at him.  "You know for someone who brags about being born 15 minutes before me,  you act like a five year old," I told him. He growled at me,  so I threw his pillow back at him.  Zander may look exactly like me,  but we had two different personalities and it was clear to see.  My brother is a stubborn crybaby.  He would always act first based on how he was feeling.  How he felt was always written on his sleeve, but he never thought about what he would say to people.  Now don't get me wrong,  he cares greatly for the pack and never mistreated anyone, but he was always picking fights with the jerks in our pack. I, on the other hand,  was what people call "the quiet one". I made sure what came out of my mouth or what I did was thought through.  "We're going for three years and coming back to take over the pack, I don't see what your problem is. "

Zander groaned before sitting on his bed.  "I just don't understand why we have to go before our birthday.  Everyone else gets to meet their mate on the day they're born but we'll be at some camp with other Alphas and betas that won't even be ours," he responded.  I rolled my eyes before turning to look at him.  While my hair was long at the top and parted to the left, Zander kept his shorter, just long enough for him to comb it back but not enough to do anything with it. You could tell we were are parent's children.  Zander and I have both inherited our mothers dark hair,  but our hair was only slightly wavy compared to our mother's curls.  Our eyes were a deep blue, just like our fathers. Our mother was quite upset we didn't get her electric blue eyes but there's nothing that could've been done there. 

"That wouldn't be very fair to our mate. I mean think about it. We'd find them just to what,  disappear for three years while we're training on the do's and don'ts of being an alpha? Finding them before hand would just be a distraction.  We wouldn't learn anything," I told him.  He took a deep sigh before leaning back on his bed.  "Who knows,  maybe we're mateless." At that, my brother launched forward.  I put my hands up. "I'm just saying it's a possibility."

"I would rather not think like that, " Zander said.  It fell quiet in our room.  Being mateless wasn't uncommon for identical twins. Sometimes twins souls were already split from one another so the twins ended up not having mates out there.  Or, in some cases,  the mate died before they could even find their missing piece.  The sad truth was,  you wouldn't know until you turn 18.

"Boys! Come down for dinner, "My father shouted. Zander and I both got out of our beds before walking down the stairs.  We didn't live in the pack house,  but we lived really close by it. Something about it helping raise us and being able to help if there's a traitor or something like that.  I wasn't too. We came into the dining room and immediately went to the table.  When Zander tried to take my seat I shoved him off before sitting in it.  He smirked before trying to push me off.  "Boys settle down.  Zander stop trying to take Xavier's seat." I chuckled at Zander complained, walking to his seat across the table.  Mom walked in carrying a pan of Sheppard's pie.  The scent alone had my mouth watering. 

My mom scooped out the servings, and when she sat down in her spot,  we all started eating together.  My mother made amazing food. We all absolutely loved it.  Halfway through eating,  my mother decided to strike up a conversation. "Oliver's going to start helping at the daycare," she said.  Hearing the omega's name made Zander tense.  He didn't like all the time my mother spent with him.  In his egotistical head,  mom should be spending it with us until we leave.  My dad commented about it but I was focused on analyzing Zander that I didn't even catch what he said. "He did great interacting with Iris. I think he would be a great fit. Plus it helps prepare him for when he has his baby." Eyes widened a bit before I looked down at my food. I hadn't heard that the new one was pregnant. Where was his mate? He was young so maybe it isn't his mates at all. "Speaking of that, boys, he's going to be moving into the new house we're building. Would you be willing to help him mo-"