39 - Oliver

Everything was going so well. It was such a perfect day outside. Xavier and Zander had some business with the pack. According to what Quincey had told me, someone from the pack had been stealing supplies so they were out investigating who and why. I was relieved in a way not to have them constantly around me as I got to hang out with their parents for the day. Mason was being loving today. He wouldn't leave my side as he kept pressing his hands to my exposed stomach to feel the pups who were kicking me nonstop. Serene was loving how Mason was reacting. "Do you think you'll have more after these two," she asked me as she sat towards the end of my bed, cars in hand in case Mason wanted to play.

"I'm not sure," I told her honestly. One of the pups decided to kick really hard making me flinch a bit at the feeling before rubbing my hand over my stomach. Mason laid his head on my belly, only to get kicked in the face making him giggle. "If I do I only want one more, but I'm not sure if the twins would be able to just give me one." Serene and Christian chuckled at me and I smiled at them. "If I were to have another one though, I'd name it Kamryn." Serene started telling me how she loved the name but my mind was on the pups in my stomach. A part of me felt like there was something I didn't know about them, which was true in many forms. I could tell from there nonstop kicking that they would be here by the end of this week. They had no more room in me! I just had this feeling that something unexpected was going to happen, and I couldn't tell if it was a good thing or not.

Christian seemed to look lost for a second before he came over to us with a weird smile on his face. "How about we take your mommy outside for a bit," Christian asked Mason with a smile on his face. I looked at him confused as he left the room and came back with clothes that Mason could wear. I looked at Serene for clarification, but she looked at her mate just as confused as I was. He came over to Serene and whispered something in her ear making her stand up. "Come on, Mason. Can't go outside in your pajamas." Mason excitedly got up and walked over to the twins' father as Serene was now going to the closet, pulling out some of the twins' clothes.

When she came back to me she was wearing a strained smile and I could tell something was wrong. Mason and I quickly got ready, all of us trying to stay calm about the situation. Serene kept me balanced as I waddled my way down the stairs, my back already hurting from the small amount of exercise. We got outside and I could just faintly see outside wolves near the pack house. I could see black wolves fighting against them  along with the warriors and I just had the feeling that we needed to leave.

Christian shielded Mason's eyes as he strapped him into his booster seat as I climbed inside the car. "Be good for them. Pappy will be right behind you," Christian told Mason, making me look to him. He closed Mason's door before heading back to his wife. They shared a few small words before Christian shifted into his blonde wolf, running towards the pack house with great speed.

Serene got in the car and quickly turned the key in the ignition. I looked at her and could see the worry in her eyes as she started driving away from the pack house. Mason started to happily say how excited he was to go outside with me, but my nerves wouldn't let me respond to him. The pack was under attack. Was it the start of a war? Would my mates be safe? I wasn't  handling the situation well. Suddenly a hand grabbed mine and I looked at Serene as she squeezed my hand reassuringly, taking a quick glance at me before looking back at the path in front of her. "How about we go visit your Aunt Keira? Would you like that, Mason," she asked, trying to sound happy but the smile never reached her face.

As we started driving, I could feel the nerves in me starting to calm down as I rationalized my thoughts. My mates were strong alphas. Whoever was attacking wouldn't be able to stand against them for long. We were heading to silver moon which had the best trained pack members around as well as family so it would be a safe and relaxing place to stay at. I looked back at Mason who gave me a smile. I felt calm knowing we were alright.