23- Oliver

"Thank you for helping me with everything," I tell Zander as he was unpacking my kitchen supplies. I felt bad that their spare time was being used to help me move in with them. I knew they were busy trying to manage the pack now that they were the Alphas, but while one did the work the other was helping me unpack. I told them they didn't need to help and that they could go work so the job would get done faster or relax, but they insisted on helping me do this. 

Zander smiled before walking over to me. He snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me closer and placing a kiss on my forehead. "You don't have to thank me. The faster we get this done, the more time I get to spend with you," he told me. I shook my head at his words with a smile on my face. Zander placed a hand under my chin, tilting my face up to get a kiss. We both leaned in, but before our lips could connect I felt Mason trying to force his way between Zander and I. Zander stepped back slowly and looked at Mason, who made grabby hands at him. "I think you're getting a little too big to be held all the time." Despite his words, Zander picked him up anyways. Mason made a fist and hit the top of Zander's head.

"No kissing my mommy," Mason scolded. I was trying hard not to laugh as Zander started pleading with my son. Mason leaned over to me and I took him out of Zander's arms and placed him on the floor, earning a pout from my son. He pulled at the end of my shirt and I knelt down to his level. He turned his face, exposing his cheek to me. When I didn't do anything he huffed and stomped his foot. "Mommy, I wanna kiss." Zander scoffed at Mason as I leaned in, kissing him on the cheek before blowing a raspberry into his neck.

Mason giggled at me as I stood up. "Why don't you go play. Serene and Christian will be here soon to spend time with you," I told him. Christian and Serene wanted to get to know Mason more, so she decided to take him to some museum in town. At first, I was reluctant to let him go. He just learned to shift a few weeks ago and I was nervous thinking he might accidentally shift in public. I looked back at Zander as Mason ran off in the house somewhere. I chuckled as I spotted him putting away my spices as he muttered to himself. I walked over to him before standing on my tip toes to kiss his lower jaw.  He smiled at me as I walked back to the boxes.

When I was putting up the pictures, I noticed Zander stand up straight. I looked at him confused as his face twisted in confusion. He walked over to me and put his hand on my arm. "Sorry, Oliver. I have to go check on something," he told me. I nodded in understanding before giving him a hug. "I'll be back later."

"I'm going to watch the pups later so I might be at the pack house," I told him. He smiled with a weird look in his eyes before leaving the house. It wasn't long after Zander left that Serene came to pick up Mason. It was so amusing how Serene tried to get Mason excited to go hang out with her. She told him about how big the dinosaur bones were and how afterwords they could go get ice cream together. It wasn't until Christian said they would get some fun toys there that Mason went to them willingly. I smiled, putting a beanie on Mason's head as he clung to Christian. It wasn't snowing outside but it was still cold, so I wanted to make sure my baby stayed warm. "You be good for them. Mommy will see you when you get back, okay?" Mason nodded at me, and soon I had a big new house all to myself. It was a weird feeling for me. 

I decided while I had this moment to myself, I'd call the pack doctor. I felt nervous as the tone began to ring. "Leo," the pack doctor called through the phone. I took a deep breath before asking him my question. "We can definitely get those for you, Luna. Will you be at the pack house any time soon?" 

"Yeah, I will be there in the next half hour. Thank you," I responded. I ended the call with my face all hot. I couldn't believe I was asking for birth control. I mean it would be necessary later on, and it would be better to get into the habit of taking them now than later. I wasn't ready to have another kid and with the twins trying to adjust to their new roles, I knew they wouldn't have the time. I shook my head before heading out the house, making sure to lock the door on my way out.