14- Xavier

Zander and I both paced the waiting room of the hospital. Luckily the hospital provided us with pants. Mom had given us our belongings which Zander and I shoved in our pockets before she sat on the bench, holding our mate's son. When Zander started carrying our mate out of his house, the little man had ran down the stairs and started hitting him, his wolf had obviously taken control. It was shocking to say the least. Every wolf didn't show up until the child is four, and even then, they didn't take over the way his wolf did. I was making a mental note to ask dad about it.

"What's taking them so long, it's been 4 hours, " Zander growled. I glared over at him. I was livid when I got to the house and saw the destruction that rogue had caused. Our mate had to be taken into surgery because of the damages he suffered. Zander glared back at me before walking around me to continue pacing. "Don't glare at me, Xavier."

I dryly chuckled before moving into his face. "Yesterday you didn't even want him, but now you're here acting like you fucking care," I growled out. The way he was acting was angering, especially when yesterday he wanted nothing to do with our mate, but now he's here, pacing around the room as if yesterday never happened. A little cry brought my attention back to my mate's son. His eyes were brown and puffy as tears continued to slide down them. His little lip trembled as he was trying so hard not to cry. My mom was rocking him, but her effort to comfort him was going to waste. I walked over to him and knelt down. His big brown eyes looked at me. He looked exactly like his mother, and my wolf accepted him as if he were ours. "Do you want to come with me to get something to eat?" My mom gave me a smile as the boy shook his head, burying into my mom further. I tried to think of something to help him before looking at him again. "If we go get something to eat, when we get back they should be done with your Mommy. We can bring him something back too." He seemed to think about it before holding his hand out to me.

I picked him up, carrying him out of the waiting room. I sat him on my hip and he held onto my shoulder with a tight grasp. When we got to the cafeteria, his stomach growled loudly. He put his hand on his stomach and i smiled a bit before walking over to the cafeteria ladies. They started trying to interact with him, but he just laid his head on my shoulder, not speaking to them. When they asked him what food he wanted, he just pointed to a jello cup that happened to be sitting out. I got him two of the green ones he pointed out and sat down with him, placing him beside me.

I opened the jello and scooped out a spoonful, holding the spoon out to him. He wrapped his mouth around the end slowly. I continued to feed him until the little container of jello was empty. I reached toward the table to open the second one but his hands stopped me. I looked down at him as he held onto me. "Dat's Mommy's," he said. My wolf was cooing at him. Anyone tries to hurt this kid, they're dead, Noctis threatened. I ended up buying two more jellos and feeding them to him. As I fed him his third cup I asked him for his name. "Mason." I told Mason he had a nice name and he smiled at me. "Mommy named me af'er his broder. He's a star." I was a bit taken back by the information. I wasn't expecting to hear that from him. "Was your name?"

"Xavier," I told him. Mason gave me a smile trying to say my name. He started getting frustrated as he couldn't quite get it to come out right. "I'll tell you what. I'll let you call me X. Is that okay?" Mason nodded before finishing off the third jello, his mood so much better than when we got here. Mason was eagerly rushing me out the cafeteria. He thanked the cafeteria ladies before having me carry him back to the waiting room. When I came and saw Zander and Mom standing with the doctor. Zander started following behind the doctor as Mom waited for me. As we followed behind Zander she told me the basic details the doctor had told her. Part of Oliver's rib had broken and punctured his lung. That is why he wasn't able to breathe. After repairing the lung they screwed titanium plates on his ribs to stabilize them.