Heading Home

Jin

I woke up in the middle of the night with an aching thirst, so I shuffled towards the kitchen only to see the lights still on, shining into the common area.

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and what I saw woke me up completely.

Namjoon and Aster were in their own little world, wrapped up in each other, quite literally too. I grinned and turned around quietly, tiptoeing back to my room.

I laid back down, pillowing my head on my arms. I couldn't stop smiling. It seemed like they had finally broken down the walls and obstacles. I was so happy for my brother. He, out of all of us, deserved such happiness.

He had burdened so much during our youth. More than he should have, if I were to be completely honest. Li expected him to become the perfect leader, and accepted nothing less.

Namjoon had grown up long before he should have. Naturally, the rest of us started looking to him for answers to our questions. I tried not to trouble him too much with my own battles, but if Li was right about anything, it was that Namjoon was a natural born leader and he would see my inner turmoil and question me about it.

I made sure I excelled at things so I could become his second-in-command. I wanted to make sure he didn't have more on his shoulders than he had to.

Now, I was happy that he could relax a bit, and just be a normal guy. I vowed to make sure that he enjoyed his life as much as he could. I knew how Li had taken him out of human trafficking. Namjoon would have been nothing more than a pleasure toy if he hadn't.

I looked at everyone's files as soon as Li was out of the picture. Often as I was reading through them, I couldn't decide if Li saved us or made our lives worse.

Regardless of it all, we had each other now. We were closer than family. I think things will continue like they have in the past. I hope we all stay close.

I'll admit that I had a little hesitancy when Namjoon started showing interest in Aster. But she fits well with us now. I'm so glad they're finally letting themselves fully love each other.

I rolled over onto my side and closed my eyes, hoping Namjoon's story would repeat itself with all of us someday.

* * *

Aster

Namjoon pulled back slowly, his eyes hazy and languid. Our foreheads rested against each other and I took a deep breath.

"I love you so much," he whispered.

I was growing to love the sound of his voice when he said that. Husky, and full of emotion. I could feel his love in every kiss, every caress, and every time he looked into my eyes.

I threw my arms around his neck and tugged him against me, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"I don't want to let you go," I whispered. "I never want to forget you again."

He laughed and it was soft and gentle. He leaned back and grinned, kissing the tip of my nose. I found myself smiling easily.

"I'll make sure you never forget me again." His eyebrows bounced up and down and I laughed.

"I'm sure you will."

"Oh, it's a sure thing."

His dimples were on full display and I leaned up and kissed them both.

"When can we get married?" I asked as I leaned back against the cabinet.

"Whenever you want," he said, smoothing down my hair with his warm hand.