Preparing for War

Taehyung

I lay flat on my stomach against the dirt, surrounded by tall, dry grass. Hoseok lay beside me, both of us staring through binoculars at the camp below.

It was a camp full of renegades. Rogues, if you will. They were mostly hybrids, but I saw a few normal humans in the group as well. It surprised me, but I guess nothing should surprise me anymore.

"I've counted around fifty in the last five minutes," muttered Hoseok.

I hummed my agreement. The group wasn't too large to handle, but nothing ever came easy for us. We knew to be prepared for the unexpected.

"I see a few trucks but honestly, they look so ragtag."

It was Hoseok's turn to grunt his agreement.

But like I said, despite the groups' appearance, we knew better than to take it for granted.

We watched for around thirty minutes, making note of everything we saw. There was a small tent that was heavily guarded, most likely an ammunition cache. Then a section of fencing that housed large breed, guard type dogs.

I sighed quietly and lay down my binoculars. The breeze shifted the grass a little. The wind was changing. "Time to go."

Hoseok looked at me and nodded. We scooted backwards until we were a good distance away from the camp and then jumped up and ran home.

* * *

Namjoon

Hoseok and Taehyung returned with their report and I found myself growing angry and impatient. I really thought the worst was behind us. But I apparently thought wrong.

"Jin, what's our weapons status?"

"Li ransacked our cache pretty heavily. We have some left, but not enough to sustain a long fight."

I frowned. Besides being annoyed that we would have to fight so soon after coming home, I was confused about how some people could still be following the teachings and influences of Li even though he had been defeated.

We had so much to protect now. We were short on soldiers, short on ammo, and high on stress.

"Suggestions?"

Everyone looked at me blankly.

"C'mon, guys! Wake up! We could be attacked at any moment!"

"I could try to interrupt whatever electronics they have," said Jungkook.

"Good start," I said.

"But as soon as we do that, they will know and retaliate. We need to have the next step in line before doing that," said Jin.

"Exactly. It might be time for some biological warfare."

All eyes turned to Jimin, who was slouched down on the small sofa.

"What does that mean?" I asked, my interest piqued.

"Well, I have my ways of making people miserable from a distance."

His wicked smile made me shiver. Jimin could be sweet, but there was a darker side to him that we hadn't been privileged to see much of before. Apparently, it was choosing now making an appearance.

"How long will it take this misery to show its effects?" I leaned back in my chair, listening intently.

"I think it will be a little slow at first, but pick up steam rather quickly." Jimin grinned and stood to his feet, adjusting his lab coat.