Thoughts On A Plane

Yoongi

I kept a close eye on my ward and my general. Namjoon had fallen asleep, as had Aster. Together they both looked more relaxed than they had when they got on the plane.

Their hands were clasped tightly even though both were sound asleep. I smiled a bit and leaned back in my own seat. Hearing movement beside me I looked up to see Jin standing by my seat, hand resting on the headrest.

He looked over at the sleeping pair and then down at me and we shared a small, knowing smile.

"Think this will work out?" he said quietly.

I shrugged. "Time will tell."

"Still," he sniffed, "very encouraging." He gave me a coy smile and continued walking up to his seat.

I closed my eyes and let my mind slowly go quiet. It was a talent I had. Total mental silence.

Memories began flowing across my mind's eye and I saw myself as a young boy playing with the little white kitten that would be sacrificed to make another hybrid. That hybrid became my dearest friend and brother and as I watched memories of Moonsik and I playing and running, laughing and even fighting, something happened to me.

I felt myself trembling and tears escaped out of the outer corners of my eyes. I couldn't stop the memories and I let myself revel in them. I never let myself break like this; I liked being in control at all times. But I think I needed this.

Why couldn't you come see me like you did with Aster? I miss you, Moon. It wasn't supposed to be this way. You were supposed to complete our unit, our brotherhood. When does this pain stop? Why can't I let you go?

I felt a warm hand on my arm and I looked down to see Hoseok knelt down next to me, a worried frown on his face. Frowns didn't suit him and it stung that perhaps I had done that. Time to fix it.

"Hoseok?"

"Are you okay, hyung? I just went to use the restroom. You looked like you were sleeping but I saw tears."

I appreciated the hushed tone he used, not willing to expose my moment of emotion to the rest of the group. "Yeah, I'm good. Just...just revisiting some old memories. That's all."

"Moon?" Hoseok always knew me best. I wasn't surprised at all by his question.

I nodded slowly.

He responded in kind and patted my shoulder. "I'm alone in my row, want to come chat?"

I looked at him for a moment, wondering to myself if I could let myself break down my self-made walls for a while and just pour my heart out to a friend. He smiled and his golden eyes spoke warmth to my tired soul. I nodded and quietly unlatched my seatbelt.

I gave one last look at Aster and Namjoon, figuring they were both safe enough together, and followed Hoseok back several rows to a new seat.

***

Hoseok

I may be one of the BCU's most skittish members, but I was always one of the most sensitive to the feelings of my brothers. As I was coming back from the restroom, I saw Yoongi with his head against the seat, his eyes squeezed shut and streaks of tears on his face.

I sighed to myself and I hesitated before I approached him. Everyone treated Yoongi like a cactus. But I knew the things that haunted him. He had only mentioned things in snippets to me when we would be on patrol or running.

However, he had never opened up completely. I knew he needed to so he could finally, and fully  move on.

I stepped down the aisle towards him and knelt down, patting Yoongi's shoulder gently.