The Kisses of a Lover

Namjoon

I blamed the ear rubbing she gave me as the reason for blurting out my feelings. But I knew it was the perfect time. We were alone and she had made the first move.

There were no regrets on my part. Especially when she replied.

"I love you too."

Her eyes were so full of genuine sincerity. She meant what she said and I could see it written all over her face. My heart soared and I felt like a brand new man.

I was the type to go headlong into things and figure the obstacles out later, but I didn't want to mess this up. I needed to take it slow. The last thing I wanted to do was scare her away.

"Really?" Wow, Namjoon, you couldn't come up with anything better?

Aster grinned and nodded her head. The firelight cast her white ears in a golden glow. Her eyes sparkled and danced with what I was sure was excitement and happiness.

I reached over with one hand and held her cheek.

"You do not know how long I have waited to hear you say that," I whispered.

She leaned into my hand a little and it melted my heart. I was so head over heels for this woman. I would give her the world if I could.

I found myself leaning closer, drawn in by her bright blue eyes, and the desire to show her just exactly how much I loved her.

But I didn't make it, at least not all the way. She met me in the middle and laid her sweet lips on mine and made me the happiest guy in the world right then.

Her kiss was gentle, sweet, and not at all brazen and hurried. We both were moving slow, mouths together, breath in sync.

If only we weren't still sitting in those stupid chairs.

I leaned back, smiling at her so she wouldn't think something was wrong and then stood, pulling her up into my arms.

I held her tight and close. She wrapped one arm around my neck and one around my waist and I felt her holding me just as tight as I was holding her.

She fit so perfectly in my arms. I know it might seem cheesy or sappy to say, but she was made for me it seemed. I tried not to think about her first husband, Xavier, and let the thought of them together ruin the moment I was having. This Aster was going to be mine. All mine. Xavier never knew or had this Aster.

I felt a spark of jealousy coursing through my veins. I kissed her, probably a little more fervently than I should have.

"Will you be mine?" I murmured, not giving her a chance to answer as I pressed my mouth to hers once more.

She pulled back and I found myself under some serious scrutiny from those blue eyes. The long pause gave me tiny heart attacks. I began to feel more nervous.

After a few agonizing moments, she grinned and rose up on her toes, giving my nose a little bump with her own.

"I can't imagine ever being anyone else's."

My mouth spread into a massive smile and I tugged her to me again, kissing her as if my life depended on her lips for survival.

This amazing woman was finally mine.

***

Aster

Namjoon's confession sent goosebumps up and down my skin. I was thrilled to hear his words. He really said he loved me!

I leaned into his firm chest, wrapping my arms around his neck. His kisses began as sweet and gentle, but quickly turning feverishly passionate.

How could I have ever forgotten this man? How could I have ever doubted him or treated him poorly? Guilt began to creep up into my chest but Namjoon's question, asking if I would be his, chased it away.