Under the Light of the Moon

Namjoon

I watched Aster take her kitten and head towards her room. I hadn't spent as much alone time with her as I wanted. I knew it was still early in the trip, but I craved her companionship at the very least.

Jin and I agreed to meet up later on in the evening and discuss strategies. I gave my brother a thankful clap on the shoulder and headed towards Aster's room.

I squared my shoulders and took a deep breath as I tapped on the wooden door with my knuckles.

There was a dreadful moment of silence that felt like forever, but probably just a second in actuality.

"Come in," she called.

My heart raced. I always felt the most uncool when in her presence.

I opened the door and poked my head in. She was sitting in the middle of her bed, legs crossed and her kitten snuggled into her lap. She looked up and smiled gently.

"Hi, Namjoon. Need something?"

That stung.

"No. I wanted to see if you wanted to take a little evening stroll with me."

She looked down at the kitten and I quickly spoke up. "One of the guys can watch him."

She shot me an amused look and wriggled her way out of the bed. "I suppose an evening walk would be nice, but are you sure it's safe?"

"We'll stay close to the lodge and if I know Yoongi, he will be close by."

Aster giggled and nodded. "Yeah, I'm sure he will be. Okay, let me get Bobble taken care of and I'll meet you on the porch."

I was about to grin like an idiot but I somehow kept my cool. "Okay, I'll be waiting."

I closed her door and quickly got my shoes on, grabbed a jacket, and hurried to the porch. I couldn't wait to spend some time with my love.

***

Aster

As soon as Namjoon closed my door, I felt the butterflies in my stomach begin quivering their wings with excitement.

"Bobble, be good for me while I'm gone. Mommy has a date!" I whisper squealed into his soft fur. He mewed in response, his little head bobbing a bit as his pink nose pressed to my cheek.

I took a few deep breaths and tried to calm my nerves. I wanted to get closer to Namjoon, if only to see how my heart would react to him. I often heard that the heart never forgets. My mind might have forgotten, but surely my heart would remember if it was attached to this man. Seeing all the memories I had seen had me curious as to just exactly what our relationship was.

I grabbed a light sweater from my suitcase and slid my arms into it. Bobble watched me from the bed, his little head swaying slightly. I reached down and scooped him up.

"Let's go find you a babysitter, hm?" I smiled and headed out into the common area.

***

I opened the door to the porch and saw Namjoin's back, his left shoulder leaning against a post. I closed the door and he turned to look at me, smiling shyly as he did so.

"Taehyung is watching Bobble for me. He wasn't thrilled, but Bobble cried at everyone but him."

Namjoon laughed quietly and nodded. "Kids like him for some reason."

His smile sent my heart rate into high speed.

He held out his bent arm to me and I hesitated just a moment. I wanted this, didn't I? I was frustrated with my hesitation. I smiled and threaded my arm through his and we walked down the steps together.