Love As You Are Loved

Aster

The longest part of this trip was the last five minutes. I couldn't wait to get out and see the little hybrid who had taken part of my heart.

Ever since she called me "mommy" I had been thinking about what it would be like to actually be her mother. There was no question about Maggie joining mine and Namjoon's little family. He and I discussed it a bit on the way home and he loves the idea.

So, after we get married and settle into some kind of house, we'll bring her home to live with us as our daughter.

Am I still wondering if we can have children of our own? Yes! But I refuse to get my hopes up. I don't know if Li ever got that far in his experiments. Perhaps Maggie was just a fluke. We'll never really know.

Namjoon finally stopped the truck and I jumped out, hurriedly making my way to the childcare building. Someone must have alerted Joo Hyuk to our arrival because he and Maggie were waiting out front for us.

He set her down and she ran as fast as her tiny legs could carry her. I admit I was tearing up as I knelt down to welcome her into my arms. Her little arms gripped my neck tightly and she turned her face to nuzzle my neck.

"Missed you," she whispered. Her quiet voice was so endearing to me. It was just precious.

"Welcome home, Aster!" greeted Joo Hyuk.

"Thanks, Joo. How were things?"

"Blissfully peaceful."

"Joo Hyuk!" said Namjoon, walking up to the rabbit hybrid. "Can I see you for a moment?"

Joo Hyuk nodded and walked off with Namjoon. I assumed Namjoon wanted to discuss the ideas we had tossed around about the orphaned children on our way home.

Honestly, at this moment, I didn't really care what they were talking about. I was perfectly happy with Maggie in my arms.

* * *

Namjoon

"What can I do for you, General?" asked Joo Hyuk.

I had spoken with Jin and he said I should speak to Joo Hyuk about the minister issue. Jin knew all of our soldiers but Joo Hyuk knew all about them and the survivors. He was may number one human resource at the moment.

"As you might have figured, Aster and I are in a relationship."

"Figured? I mean, you two don't really make attempts to hide-"

"Ahem...yes, well, I proposed to her while we were away."

"Congratulations!"

"How do you know she said yes?"

"She loves you, sir. I have no doubt whatsoever she would say yes to being your wife."

"Yes, well, I need a minister. Do you know of any?"

Joo Hyuk stopped walking and smiled so wide I thought his bottom jaw would fall off.

"Know of any? Why, sir, I am a minister! Or rather, was...before all of this..."

"I can't say I'm surprised," I said, grinning. "You seem like the pastoral type, what with taking care of all the orphans and all."

He giggled, his bunny ears flopping down and back up. "It is rather cliché, isn't it?"

"So, you'll marry us?"

"Of course! Just let me know when."

"I hope it's as soon as possible," I said.