Left With Memories

Taehyung

I couldn't control my emotions. I was ready to burst from the anger I was filled with, but I also couldn't stop sobbing.

Yoongi's lifeless body laid in my lap. His face looked peaceful. It wasn't right. He needed to look a little grumpy.

My fingers trembled as I caressed the fur on his ears. They didn't twitch or pull away. It made a fresh sob come out of me. This was so wrong. He wasn't supposed to be killed. Yoongi was invincible.

He was the brother who never got flustered. Never got down about stuff, no matter how rough it was.

I held Yoongi's head until Namjoon gently pulled me back. It was hard for me to leave him on that floor. We'd never been separated since we were put together as kids. This felt like the world was turning upside down and I couldn't hold on.

"Taehyung, c'mon. We gotta find Jungkook," whispered Hoseok. Seemed like he was choking on his own tears.

"We can't leave him along," I said, looking into Hoseok's glassy eyes.

A hand touched my arm, startling me a little. I jerked my head around to look at the hand and realized it was Aster.

"Taehyung, I will stay here with Yoongi. Nothing will happen to him. Okay? Go find Jungkook. I know you're worried about him, aren't you?"

Her gentle tone made more tears pool in my eyes and I unashamedly let them fall.

I nodded.

"That's what I thought. Go with the others, okay? You watch your back though. Don't let one of those killers get away, okay?"

I clenched my jaw and nodded firmly. "None of them will escape," I whispered.

She smiled.

I cast one last look at Yoongi and then allowed Hoseok lead me out of the room.

I meant what I said. Not one of those pieces of human filth would escape our wrath. I wouldn't allow it.

***

Aster

Everyone was hurrying out of the bunker. Namjoon ordered those of us still alive to stay put. We were to barricade the doors and not let anyone in unless we were absolutely sure of their identity.

Everyone else got to work and I grabbed Namjoon's hand as he started to walk out.

"Namjoon."

He turned and I saw the raw emotions he was feeling in his red-rimmed eyes. He looked like a broken little boy but I knew he was still a tenacious fighter.

"Aster, I mean it. Let no one in," he whispered. His palm raised and rested against my cheek.

I leaned into it and breathed in deep. "Please come back."

He let out a heavy sigh and leaned down, pressing his lips to my forehead. "I would even if you didn't ask."

Then he was gone. The door shut and I heard his footsteps growing fainter as he ran out of the bunker.

I turned to see Joo Hyuk covering up Yoongi's body with a few crib sheets. I finally allowed myself to have a few moments of mourning for the man who had been closer to me than even Namjoon.

No, Yoongi and I had never had romantic feelings, but I knew he cared for me deeply. Even if in the beginning he only cared because I shared Moon's DNA. Somewhere amid the craziness, he began to truly care for me as the individual I was.