veritaserum┃regulus black✓

FEMALE POV:

R E Q U E S T E D

tribulation
|matt maeson|
____________________

You remember the first time you met Regulus Black. You were searching for the stars, for the moon and for the perfect view.

You, in your second year, had already wandered across the Quidditch field, alone. You needed something different.

You snuck out of the Ravenclaw common room, and began to wander the hallways, looking for different advantage points to spot the night sky from.

You avoided all of the prefects, and continue to make your way around the corridors, hoping to remember the directions to the infamous astronomy tower.

You've heard a bunch of older students raving about it at nighttime, and had decided, with the instructions to the tower in your hand, you were going to figure it out for yourself.

You stumbled around the castle for half an hour, before finally locating the tower.

You listened first just to hear if there where any other students wandering in the same place you were, and as everything was still- you entered the tower.

You were immediately breathless by the night sky, the constellation of stars, and the crescent moon close to every opening you look through.

You moved along the ledges, not minding the crisp night air at all, smiling into the stars.

All around the room were different various objects for astrology, and you managed to gather a telescope, in order to further look at whatever you desired to in the scenery.

You began to name all the constellations out loud with an air of excitement, forgetting whatever reserve you had coming out here alone.

You beam into the telescope as you spot your favourite arrangement of stars, "Piscis volans, it's gorgeous."

"Out of all the constellations to choose from, you're most excited for the one that looks like a flying fish?" A voice called from the other side of the room, and your stomach drops as you race to hear who else was in the room with you.

You push yourself away from the telescope as the figure walked into the room the same way you did, stopping to pick up your hastily written paper with the instructions.

You flush under the moonlight, still too nervous to say anything. The student did not look old enough to be a prefect, or anyone who would want to give you any trouble.

"If you knew that it was most visible in March, you'd understand my excitement."

The older boy walked forward, still in his school uniform as he raised a quick eyebrow at you.

"Regulus Black," he doesn't bother to shake your hand, instead pocketing your note and stealing your telescope.

"Natasha," you whispered, your mind already taking you to Regulus Black's reputation at Hogwarts.

He's training to be seeker for the Slytherin Quidditch team, and the younger brother of Sirius Black. He's a year above you, and you only know this because all of the girls and boys alike whisper their fantasies about him.

"Show me this constellation that you're raving about," he gave a frustrated sigh, unable to find it as easily as you.

"Only if you apologise to me Regulus Black."