secret rendezvous┃d‣malfoy

The two of you are in the complete opposite houses- Draco Malfoy reigning in his title as the Slytherin Prince.

The two of you have been best friends since you were five, and you can never understand why you had been split up into different houses.

How are we so different? And why? How did one situation end up so wrong?

The two of you are locked away in two different houses, but have made promises to never let the two of you break apart. You hate being away from your best friend, and it happens to be your fault.

If only I had argued with the sorting hat for Slytherin. I should have. Why was I so naive?

You are both pure bred and blood, but never take as far as boasting like Draco does and continues to do along his peers every single year.

It is now your sixth year apart from him, and right now your friendship seems to be at a small stand-still.

You're working on a potion in Snape's class, without any partner or much thought to how good your potion will really be, because they always end up miraculously being good enough to pass

Draco's ice grey eyes flicker up into your direction and he gives the slightest nod of his head, while muttering something to Pansy.

What is he doing? What is he thinking?

She gives a large scowl when she notices he is looking at you, but storms off to grab some potion ingredients off of the shelf. "Why is he looking at you? Of all treasures in the room- you?" Her eyes roll, and her voice easily becomes venomous.

Snape is now briskly walking around the room, always targeting the Golden Trio: Harry, Ron and Hermione. He always holds some unspoken grudge on the two of them.

He usually leaves every other house alone, except Gryffindor- unless for some good reasoning.

Luna catches your attention for a moment, asking what exactly colour the potion should be. "I believe it should be a crimson colour once you add the salamander blood, Luna." You pass her a quick glance, her eyes gazing into her cauldron.

"Thank you, y/n... I still don't know why I've landed in Ravenclaw, I'm not entirely that smart. You know, it's probably the work of the Sorting Hat, he must want to see me fail-"

"Luna, you do know that you could have asked the Sorting Hat for a different house." You raise your eyebrows, slightly lost in her explanation.

"No," she frowns again, "then everyone would know I was doubting the legendary feature. Y/n, I just don't  really know who to blame."

"Alright Luna, I'm going to get back to my potion. Let me know if you need anymore help." You pass her a small smile, and she nods tucking her hair into a braid.