the party┃george weasley✓

R E Q U E S T E D

"Y/n, it looks like you have a letter waiting for you." Someone calls as your familiar owl begins to sweep the studying area you're in.

You glance up with a smile, catching the letter with your hand- your owl hooting a farewell.

You give a small chuckle as all eyes at your table turn to you, waiting for you to open it.

Carefully under the pressure, you begin to take off the wrap, cursive ink greeting you.

"Oh, wow." You give a shaky chuckle, turning back to your friends with a wide smile.

"What is it?" Luna looks over with her wide eyes, playing with a strand of her hair.

"I was invited to Slughorn's party." The words slip from your lips with again a smile.

"That's incredible, it means he must like you." One of the other student smiles, and you raise your shoulders with a piercing expression.

"He wants me to invite someone as well." You re-read the invitation, the time, place and date clearly well written.

"Do you have anyone in mind?" Luna raises an eyebrow, putting her quill between one of the parchments.

You sit in thought for a moment, everyone leaning in on the edge of their seats.

"I'm not sure-"

"You'd better pick someone soon," one of the students reaches over to grab the invitation. "The party is this weekend."

You run a hand quickly through your hair, subjecting the rest of the students in your class

With a frown you set your textbooks down, sighing.

You didn't know who to invite, or even how to invite someone.

"Y/n, there you are." You glance up to notice one of your best friends George Weasley standing in front of your desk.

"George? You're not in this class." You raise an eyebrow, and he lifts his finger his lips as he slinks into the seat beside you.

The two of you open your mouth at the same time, and you chuckle first. "You go first George."

He shakes his head, "I can wait, you go first." He cocks an eyebrow and smirks at you.

You reach into your textbook with two raised eyebrows, wondering how he'll take the news.

"Look where I got invited." You begin to take the card from the envelope but George stops you by pulling one out of his robe pocket.

"You got invited to Slughorn's party as well?" You ask with a laugh, and his dark eyes find yours quickly.