friends┃c‣diggory

FEMALE POV:

die happy
|DREAMERS|
____________________

"Steady, keep your head just like that," Cedric traces the outline of your face with the tips of his fingers, chuckling as you shiver.

"What in Merlin's name are you doing Ced?" You chuckle, wondering what he has up his sleeves.

"Wouldn't you love to know y/n?" He snickers, before rolling out a lengthy piece of parchment.

"How about you tell me before my anxiety levels get too high, there's no coming down from that." You fiddle with your own quill and parchment, giving a sigh.

You've been friends with Cedric since your second year, and his spontaneous nature still surprises you.

He simply ignores your comment, laughing in the common room, as the other students bury their noses into a pile of books, Cedric's lays unopened.

"I hope you know I have to be back at my dorm in a couple of hours, I have -"

He waves his quill, raising his voice to imitate yours, "I have a meeting with the Slug Club."

"You're just jealous you didn't get an invite," you sink back into the couch, watching his expression fall neutral, upset that you had moved before he could finish what he had wanted to do.

"It's not my fault that Zabini fancies you," he sighs, tilting your head once more.

"And what if he does? What are you going to do about it?" He quickly drops his parchment, standing up in front you, the reflection of the fire playing in his eyes.

"Wouldn't you like to know," his expression hardens for a second, before he snickers. His fingers are working in your hair, you're close enough to faintly smell the apple pie he devoured in the dining hall half an hour earlier.

"I'm definitely wondering exactly what you're talking about."

"Well, mess around with Blaise and you'll find out," he rolls his eyes, pulling your hair just over each shoulder before stepping back, satisfied with how he positioned you.

"I just might," you give him a quick wink, the two of you mirroring wide smiles at each other.

You two were always more flirtatious than considered normal in friendships, but neither you or Cedric would dare ruin the perfect dynamic - it had been discussed before, a few years earlier.

"You love getting on my nerves, don't you?" He frowns, laughter falling from the people around you, oblivious.

"You always give me a reason," you smile, as Cedric pulls a jar of ink from the table and begins to work, an expression of concentration falling on his face. It didn't stop his clever banter back and forth though.

"Me? I would never." He plays around with the paper for the moment, smiling at what you assume is a self-portrait.

"You've been giving me reasons for our entire friendship, you arse!" He smirks at that, but doesn't dare to keep the teasing going back and forth.

"You'd better not make me late," you sigh, watching the hands in each clock shifting around the room.

"Oh, and what's Zabini going to do about that?" He raises an eyebrow, a small smirk playing on his lips.

"You do not want to mess with that family. Remember, his mother has plenty of knowledge with supposedly killing men, you could be another Cedric."

"Then why did you agree to the dinner?"