two suitors┃h‣potter

FEMALE POV:

"You can't be serious," you cross your arms, giving a frown as you walk down the corridor.

Your best friend nods her head, "does it look like I'm joking, y/n? I heard him clearly talking about you in Divination."

Your face scrunches up for a second, "it could be someone else."

"I'm highly doubting that. He nearly began to drool when you strode past him." She chuckles, slipping through a group of students.

"He wouldn't dare. He has girls falling at his feet."

"Well, the infamous chosen one only has eyes for you." Her voice raises and she gives a little giggle.

"I didn't notice." You raise your shoulders in a shrug, blushing quickly.

"Of course not, you're in your own little world aren't you?" She chuckles, her dark hair splashing across her face.

"I don't really know, Misty. I haven't been paying much attention to anyone really." You raise your shoulders in questioning, watching your best friend with a laugh.

"Do you think he'll ask you to the Christmas Ball?" She gushes, falling back in line with you.

"He was asking Hermione for advice on how to ask a girl out on a date." She smirks, noting your flushing expression.

"It could be any girl really." You point out, avoiding a large group of studenrs with a roll of your eyes.

"Besides, he also turned around, and began asking questions about you."

Your jaw drops, heart fluttering in your chest. Could this be real? Could Harry Potter actually have a crush on you?

"Misty? Like what? What was he asking?" You glance over your shoulders, following your best friend to your Potions class.

"What your favourite flowers were, and whether you liked large and extravagant scenes or not. He was being extremely awkward, but
y/n, it was adorable." She nods her head, grabbing a Potions textbook from one of the shelves.

"You could've just started with that. I wouldn't have doubted you."

"I guess we will have to see what happens, won't we? I hope he'll be doing it soon." She gushes, heading over toward a group of Ravenclaws.

You give a little chuckle before parting ways to your Potion partner: Draco Malfoy.

When you glance up at him, he's already watching you approach him.

Two cauldrons are ready, and his textbook is open to the appropriate pages, quill dipped in his ink container.

Pansy Parkinson is leaning across the station, talking his ear off.

She's being very vibrant in her hints, costly mentioning the dance as you approach.

Draco lowers himself into a sneer, "unfortunately it looks like you've survived another day."

"Bugger off Malfoy. Can't you get through one day without being a git?" Your eyes roll, only to be stared down by Pansy.

"That was unnecessary." She sneers, pushing her hair from her shoulders.

"And so was his comment." You raise both eyebrows quickly, turning to your textbook with a sigh.

Whispering sheds through the room as Harry walks in, flanked by Hermione and Ron.

They're all whispering to each-other, cautiously glancing around the room.

Professor Slughorn reaches them with a smile. "It doesn't look like there are enough cauldrons to be passed around to every student. You're going to need to partner up with another student, make your choice."