protection┃nymphadora tonks✓

R E Q U E S T E D

falling
|florence + the machine|

"Are you sure you're willing to do this?" Your girlfriend bites her lip, raising her eyebrows.

"It's cute when you show concern for me Tonks, but you don't have to worry about me." you offer her a blithering smile, your voices echoing off the empty walls of her home.

She runs a hand through your hair, sighing. "I can help myself and you know that." Her voice drops into a whisper as the two of you battle back and forth.

"I'm not much younger than you are," you point out, crossing your arms in a playful manner.

"And besides, I'm graduating to being an Auror." Your expression falls sternly again, and Tonks offers a chuckle.

"You haven't graduated yet." She points out, before grabbing your hands.

"I know that, but I'm excelling at everything they've thrown at me in school." She runs her thumbs in small circles against your hands, listening to you.

"But Emma, this is the real world- this isn't Hogwarts."

"We've had this conversation many times." She starts, and you shake your head.

"And each time you've pleaded me out if it. It won't work now, okay?" You continue to shake her head, even though she doesn't say a word.

You can see her struggling with what to say to you. "I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

"And you don't think that every time you leave to help the Order that I'm not worried about you? I lie awake, just hoping that you'll be okay." You stare at her, waiting for her reaction.

She bites her lip, her hair dawning a dark blue colour. She doesn't say another word but simply checks the time. "The meeting is going to be starting soon, you'll be there right?" She lets your hands fall back to your sides.

You give in with a sigh, "you know I will be there."

She pulls your closer into a warm embrace, gentle. Her arms wrap around you, and she places her lips on your forehead. "I'll see you soon enough Emma."

Before she pulls away from you, you lean forward and place your lips on hers. She meets you with a small passion and a growl, earning the two of you with laughter.

You slip into the Order meeting, accompanied by Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Luna, Fred, George and Neville

Sirius greets you at the door with a wave and a smile. "How is everyone?"

After giving bland and expected answers, he wraps an arm around Harry and leads him into a separate room. He gives a small wave before following Sirius with quiet whispers.