sleepwalker┃l‣lovegood

You hear a pair of footsteps follow you down the corridor, the lantern faltering in your hand.

"Hello?" You also give an inward groan, wondering why the Headmaster decided to put you of all people in a position of power, when you jump at your own reflection.

He's out of his own mind, surely.

Head boy and head girl walk the corridors at night, for a couple of hours after the other students have fallen asleep, to ensure no one is sneaking around, and meeting up with each other.

You turn around, apologizing quietly as the portraits begin to mumur and curse, shielding their eyes, or simply jumping into other portraits to avoid the light. "Sorry, I'm so sorry." You duck your head and peer on forward, wanting to figure out who reaps in the darkness.

There stands Luna Lovegood, a 6th year Ravenclaw, one year younger than you. You smile as you are noting that her pale blond hair is tied back with a loose ribbon, and there are shoes on her feet, yet her eyes are shut.

"Hello again, Miss. Lovegood. Lets get you back to bed before you do any danger to yourself," you chuckle, turning her back towards the way of the Ravenclaw common room. You take her arm, and she easily heads on with you, swaying slightly as she walks.

The first time you caught Luna sleep walking, you weren't entirely convinced, she had her shoes on for crying out loud.

Then, it happened a second time, thrice, and continued throughout your most of your period while you are being in the head position; and yet she has no clue about it the moment she wakes up.

Once a week, you and another head boy/girl, find her wandering the corridors- and often just take her back to the common room without an issue.

"Luna, we still have no idea how you answer the riddles in order to get out at night. How am I going to do this when you're sleeping." You chuckle, wondering why you're talking to a sleeping body, if anything, she's partially comatose.

Standing in the Ravenclaw perimeter, a sly voice comes from the shadow, immediately throwing out a riddle

"I don't have eyes, but once I did see. Once I had thoughts, but now I'm white and empty. What am I?"

You take a small breath, your mind racing, just trying to get Luna back into the common room so she can settle back into her own bed.

"A skull?" Your voice rings out, and without another answer, the door to the common room opens.

You step in gingerly, the study stocked with books. Everything is quiet, until someone comes along the girls dormitory railing.

"Luna?"

"She's with me. Would you mind helping me get her up the stairs?" The younger student doesn't even hesitate, to startle down the stairs, willing to help in any way.