yule ball┃n‣longbottom

He asks you to the Yule ball with a quick stutter and a potted Flutterby bush.

He waits until the you head off to Hogsmeade with Hannah Abbott and Michael Corner.

While they split off to grab something to eat, you wander around the pave ways- looking at all the many different stores.

"Y/n?" You turn around a smile, to see Neville standing before you- one hand shoved in to his pocket, and the other around the moving plant.

"Yes Neville?" You meet his hazel eyes with a smile, and watch as his cheeks begin to break into a bright red colour.

"I- uh- I was--" he sighs midsentence, his foot tapping on the stones- his eyes darting from groups of students as he struggles to put his thoughts student's together.

"Take your time Neville," you flash him another smile, your own cheeks flaring up at the situation.

"I was wondering- if you'd- you know if you don't have a date... if you'd fancy going to the Yule ball with me? You know- if you're interested in going- but-" he stammers and you offer him a little chuckle.

"Neville. Wow, it would be a pleasure to go with you." You take a step forward, smiling.

You originally didn't plan on going to the Yule ball, with everyone already asked and prompted: you felt it wasn't right to go alone.

He holds the plant out as you did, and he didn't miss the eyebrow raise.

"I- uh, I grew this for you. Professor Sprout let me work on it. It's a Flutterby bush- you know? The plant we've been learning about in class." He pulls a smile, seeming incredibly confident as he talked about the plant- and hands it off to you watching for your approval.

Many people will think his gesture is weird, and even feel uncomfortable- but you don't take it that way.

Neville is sweet.

This is the first gift anyone has given to you, let alone growing it themselves.

"Thank you." Your eyes shine, and you watch his face light up in the middle of the stone path as your words fall.

"You finally did it?" Harry comments, lowering his hand to give Neville a pat on the back.

"Were you watching?"

Harry nods at you, "of course I was. Neville told me he wanted to ask you, and I decided I should hang around in observe in case he ended up speechless."

"But I have to say he handled it well." He adds on, glancing at Neville once more with a wink before walking off.

"You asked Harry for help?" You chuckle, and Neville looks down at his shoes.

"Uh- yes. I did."

"Like he said, in case I messed up and needed some-- help."

"You took the time to grow a plant for me. I'd say that's pretty impressive, though I may need your help keeping it alive. My green thumb isn't so great." The two of you laugh.

"I'd be glad to help in any way I can
y/n-"

"I'd be glad to help in any way I cany/n-"