falling┃fred weasley✓

R E Q U E S T E D

love
|lana del rey|

"Good morning," a voice calls as you make your way from the Hufflepuff dormitory.

You look up with a smile to see your best friend standing along the kitchen entrance with two cups of coffee in his hands.

He hands one of the cups to you, smiling. "G'd morning Fred."

The two of you walk around the castle, stopping as you reach a window to watch the sun rise.

You tuck a strand of blonde hair from your face, and lower your head into your palm- soaking at the growing heat.

"Did you sleep well?" He prompts on the conversation, his eyes full with light and clashing colours.

You take a quick sip of your drink, the taste bitter. "What does it look like?"

His dark eyes study you for a long moment, blinking occasionally. "You look like you haven't slept for days."

You reach over to deliver a playful punch to his arm, "well geez, thank you Fred. That's exactly what I wanted to hear."

"Yet you still manage to look better than I do." He comments quickly and the two of you laugh.

"Nice save," you shake your head, the castle growing warmer and happier by the mere seconds.

"Are you ready for the trip to Hogsmeade today, Emi?" He pushes the conversation further, and you don't seem to mind much.

"Yes, there are a couple things I've been meaning to look after- and I've missed the taste of butterbeer." You stifle a yawn, and watch the corners of Fred's lips lift up.

"You and George are going right?"

He nods his head, sinking one of his hands back into his pocket. "We are. We wouldn't dare miss a trip, and the opportunity for more tricks. Who are you going with?"

You scrunch your nose for a second, thinking. "I'm not sure- I was thinking perhaps with Angelina and Cho."

Fred nods his head once more, "the three of you should meet up with us for lunch."

"I'll see what I can arrange. I think the two of them wouldn't mind-" you bite your bottom lip with a chuckle. "I know Angelina fancies you."

"That's rubbish."

You raise your eyebrows not saying another word.

"Stop teasing me about her Emi. Just because we went to the ball doesn't-"

You hold both hands up with laughter spilling between your lips, "Fred, I'm only having a little fun, don't get your knickers in a twist. What's wrong now?"

He raises his shoulders in a quick shrug, "I've been more irritable lately, I'm not sure why."

"You and George haven't pulled any pranks lately- maybe that's what you're missing."

"You are probably right." The two of you turn back toward the Hufflepuff common room without another word, and simply walk.

"Okay, I have it this time." You watch as Fred's eyebrows narrow in concentration, his tongue slipping between his teeth.

"You said that last time, what happened exactly?" You lean up against the opposite wall, watching him with a laugh.

"Just you wait Emi. This is the time, I'm feeling lucky." He spits the words out with such enthusiasm you can't help but fall into a smile.