Chapter 43

A/N: This is a VERY long chapter so buckle up. About 7.5k words.

Adora's POV

When I heard the first few knocks come at my door I was nervous and shakey. I quickly shut off the T.V and stood up from the couch I was lying on. Patting down the ruffles in my shirt and making my way to the door.

I couldn't bring myself to the door yet for some reason, I had prepared for this talk with him for a couple of days. No chickening out now. It's no use, he's at your door just open the door!

My hand wiggled the knob a few times and finally allowing the door to fly open. My eyes widening at the figure who stood at the other side of the door.

My hand instantly dropped from the doorknob and looked at the feline who I hadn't expected to see.

"Catra...What are you doing?" The way her name fell off the tip of my tongue felt venomous. But also so sweet. The feeling of her name being said made my heart clench deeply. I was lost in the moment, waiting for Catra to speak up.

"I-"

My head slightly tilted, patiently waiting for what she had to say.

"I'm sorry, Adora. I- I-"

My hands found comfort in the stiff pockets of my jeans as I watched her face contort into a painful discomfort. Though, she looked determined..what had Catra been wanting to say that had gotten her like this? Though, sweat trickled near my temples as I remembered the person who I was yet to meet was not supposed to be Catra. She was not supposed to be here. My mouth attempted to spit out words that weren't going to be pretty but if Catra found out I was meeting this person..she would flip.

Though the thoughts were cut off when she finally was able to collect herself, "Please listen, I understand you wanted to break up with me. But that doesn't mean...I won't ever stop fighting for you. I- I like you a lot Adora, you mean everything to me. You can't expect me to just sit back and do nothing"

My breath hitched as she spoke, nearly drowning in the slight confession. My heart pumped furiously as I stared at the sincere look that was burning straight into me. My teeth found it's way into my lip as I clamped down, chewing on the soft skin. The idea of just saying to Catra to go at this moment and watching her heart shatter all over again was something I don't want to do to her again.

She continued without a breath, "Please..give me another chance, I can make things right"

This time, instead of it being more serious. It was nothing more than a weak plead.

A pleading that can never go unnoticed.

Catra's hand wounded up to my cheek, my eyes darting to the soft skin that caressed my cheek. The touch was warm, and it felt like home. Her other hand softly uncurling my clenched fist that somehow made its way into one, then placing the flowers into my now opened palm.

Home...

I felt the tips of my mouth tug up slightly, noticing Catra beginning to lean into me. Realizing exactly what she was doing, it was on instinct. As if buried into my mind, I began to lean in myself awaiting the soft lips I have yet to feel against my lips again. Lost in the moment once again, my heart thumped into my chest. Adrenaline began to rush as faint sounds of something rung into my ears.

Knocked back into reality, my heart stopped. Not in that cliche romantic way, but in a rush of fear. The palms of my hand pushed at Catra's shoulders, causing her to fall back a little. The small gesture of her trying to chase after me didn't go unnoticed.