Chapter 9

Adora's POV

My eyes begin to flutter open as I felt my back against an uncomfortable surface. I tried to move my arms to get up but it felt heavier than usual, I fully opened my eyes then they quickly widened. 

There laid Catra's arm and leg sprawled out on my body, her chest rising up and down slowly. I watched her with a smile brushing the hair out of her face, forgetting where we are I looked around and almost screamed.

We were on the rooftop of someplace, I looked back to yesterday remembering that we went up here after our um..confession. Was it a confession? No. I shuffled out of Catra's embrace missing the warmth quickly.

I reached for my phone in my hoodie and opened it to see several text messages from Glimmer and Bow. I frantically texted them back to tell them that I was okay and that they don't have the worry. I then turned to Catra again, shaking her to wake up. 

She slapped my hand away and muffled an annoyed response.

"Mmmh.. 'Dora go away..5 more minutes" 

"No, Catra. It's the morning and we can't stay on the roof all day" I replied sounding like a mom.

She groaned and slowly moved into a sitting position, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. I watched her slowly recover from her slumber, and eventually making eye contact with her heterochromia eyes.

"Did you have to wake me up this early" She whined stretching her arms.

"Well, we have school in like an hour, so..yeah?" I answered.

She rolled her eyes and latched her hand onto mine bringing my body up with her. I blushed at the sudden contact as she led me down the ladder back into her apartment. I didn't know Cara lived alone like me, I could get used to living with someone again after Glimmer moved back into her mom's house. 

"Want anything for breakfast?" Catra asked interrupting my thoughts.

I looked over to see her in the kitchen putting cereal into a bowl. 

"Uhh, sure. Give me whatever you're having" I wasn't a huge person on cereal, I usually had eggs and bacon but having cereal once and a while wouldn't hurt.

She nodded and it went back into silence as she poured me a bowl of cereal then handing me it. I watched Catra sit down by a nearby chair and patted down on another chair telling me to sit down next to her. I obliged as we sat in silence eating our cereal.

Breaking the silence I asked, "Why are you doing Ancient history, I thought you hated it?"

Catra continued to much on the cereal and shrugged, "I didn't have anything else to choose from, and besides I didn't want to do it. It just got on my schedule. Why are you doing swordsmanship? I thought you hated fighting?"

I pondered the real reason I wanted to do swordsmanship, "I guess I wanted to swing a sword? For no particular reason actually, It just seemed fun?" 

I heard Catra chuckle lightly beside me, "Weirdo"

"Thanks" I replied

"Anytime" 

~~~~~~~~

We finished our cereal, I offered to clean the dishes for her but she said it was rude if she made the guest clean the dishes. 

"You know, I'm your friend. I can always help you, this isn't formal or anything" I told her, watching her clean the dishes.

She groaned and set down the dishes, "For the last time Adora, I'm doing this stuff to make up for hurting you".