Chapter 35

Catra's POV

Walking down the steps into the dark alley made my anxiety that was already bad, begin to whirl now. I have a terrible feeling about this, in fact, just thinking of the possibilities that could go wrong makes me sick to my stomach.

"Hey, it's going to be okay" Adora's voice spoke out suddenly, making me jump and look at her. I exhaled and gave her an annoyed look, which she returned with a playful smirk. I felt small 

balls of sweat form on the palm of my hand, now running onto Adora's hand.

"Alright, it's right here" She spoke, pointing to the metal door that seemed beaten up. It was covered in rusted metal and the handle of the door looked broken.

"How are we supposed to get in?" I asked, pressing down onto the broken handle which fell to the ground from the simplest touch.

I jumped back and hissed, then looking over at Adora who was snickering at my reflex over 

literally a handle falling to the ground.

"Shut up, Adora" I began to snicker as well.

She let out a snort which was so adorable, "You're scared of a handle?!"

I shook my head and kicked her shin playfully, "No! It just scared me when it just fell apart!"

I was waiting for another good comeback that I would have to deflect but there was nothing, I saw Adora crouch down and pick up a small sticky note.

I looked over her shoulder and saw the words written.

'Kick the door'

"What does that mean?" Adora said confused, looking towards the door.

I shrugged, "Simple".

I walked over too the door and brought my foot up, straight towards the door, and kicked it with full force. The door flung open and the light from the inside was so bright it lit up half of the ally way.

"Yo shut the door!" A tall buff girl who had short slicked back white hair, who was wearing a sleeveless jean jacket that had the words written on the back, 'Crimson Waste'.

Adora quickly shoved me in then closing the door with a loud bag, making a growl accidentally release as I fell onto my stomach.

"oof!" I huffed, landing on my stomach. I turned around and gave Adora a death glare but instantly smirked when I saw Adora blushing but still an apologetic look.

I stood up and wiped the dust that got on my shirt and pants. But instantly stopped when I saw a bunch of taller people surround me.

One of them went up to my face and yelled, "You wanna fight against TONGUE LAAASHOOR!"

I stared at him confused, "What?"

"TONGUE LAASHOR!" The two other screamed in my face.

"Yuck, ah. Your guy's breath is nasty" I grimaced, grabbing mints from my back pocket and shook it in front of the guy's face, "Here"

The muscular man, that looked like a lizard? Came up to me again, "You dare insult me?"

"Uh duh, I'd kick you in the face for free. I mean who names someone 'Tongue Lashor" I said, snickering to myself.

This man didn't scare me one bit, he was all talk no bite. I bet he couldn't even land a hit on me or even try to hit me if he tried.

"Catra...," Adora whispered trying to squeeze in to get me, but I shot a warning glare not too come any closer. She instantly backed off at the gaze and sat back down. I instantly noticed from the corner of my eye she was making some sort of conversation with that tall purple girl. I couldn't help but feel jealous and go to walk over to her but someone grabbed my wrist.