Chapter 3

Catra's POV

I walked down the stairs to the front of the school, I felt someone tap my back. As an instinct, I jumped back and hissed.

"Woah, simmer down Wildcat" The short combed over hair girl said.

I groaned and crossed my arms.

"Scropia, what did I tell you about the whole 'personal space' thing"

"Right right, ten-foot radius," She said while backing up and grinning.

"What are you grinning for?" I hissed lightly, sometimes she can get on my last nerves when she smiles for no reason.

"Oh nothing" She pushed me forward to make me start walking toward the school since we were kind of just standing in the middle of nowhere "Are you excited for highschool?" she finished.

I ran a hand through my uncombed hair "Tsk, not really. I never see a point in going to this shitty highschool. I should have just went to the new high school that was closer to my house. But nooo, you just had to convince me to go there"

A shit-plastered grin appeared on her face as she jumped in front me, "Come on if you went to that new school you wouldn't have any friends since were really really close right?"

I bit down on my lip and softly pushed her to the side as I continued to make my way through the school while adjusting my backpack straps, "I never said we were close, the only reason I let you stick by me is because, you helped me with finals. Just like you're going to help me and tutor me here" I then growled

I saw Scorpia laugh, then grabbed my arm to drag me toward another group of people that I somewhat remember from Middle school, but I do remember is that I never really liked them.

"Hey, Lonnie!" Scorpia yelled

I pushed Scorpia's hand off my arm and yet again ran my hand through my hair and scoffing. I don't want to interact with other people right now.

"Scorpia.." I muttered under my breath, even though I knew she couldn't hear me.

"Hey, Scorpia! ...Hey...Catra.." Lonnie finished slowly.

I put on a fake smile, "Hey! Lonnie! What's up" Holding up a fist to her.

She looked surprised, but also suspicious. 

She held up her fist and bumped mine, "Nothing..You feeling okay? I thought you always hated my back in Junior high"

I waved a hand at her and continued my fake smile so that this conversation can end as fast as possible, "No no! That's past Catra. Pftttt, we're gonna become the best of friends!" I said confidently lied.

I saw her nod slowly

"Right..." She said

Suddenly I felt myself being tugged into someone's chest, my face being smashed into Scopria's chest, while Lonnie was in the same situation. Smashed right into Scorpia.

"S-Sco...r..pia.!!" I squeaked out from being suddenly restricted from Scorpia

"Were gonna be the best friend trio!" Scorpia said happily. 

"Oh my gosh, I need to draw this!" She then said, randomly dropping us. Then grabbing a notepad from her side pocket, starting to draw a picture.  

I rolled my eyes, about to protest about her sudden attack on me and Lonnie, but in the corner of my eye, I see someone who I forgot about and lost a long time ago.

Adora.

She..looked the same. Except, she had her hair down which she NEVER did. She still had the same grin..the the same eyes I saw from years ago. I swear I thought I was seeing things. I quickly rubbed my eyes, to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. She was with a group of girls, but a couple of boys. I didn't recognize anyone except for Kyle, he went to our middle school but then transferred to some new school without telling us. I guess he went to middle school, Adora went too. 

I continued to eye Adora from the corner of my eye, then out of nowhere, Scopria stepped in front of me to reveal a drawing she made.

"Look look!" Pointing to her drawing of Lonnie, Her, and I. "It's the best friend trio, I'm an artist if I do say so myself".

I groaned and pushed her aside to continue to look at Adora, and for some reason, I felt my cheeks heat up from looking at her laughing from afar. She really did never change...she still always did look beautiful to me....her eyes always twinkled. Just..like that last day I ever saw her, the way her hair moved with the wind..the way her hand perfectly fitted with mine as we stared out in the sunset. That day always comes back to me once and a while.

I sniffed as I felt Adora's comfy and warm embrace around me, I heard her whisper into my ear, "Nothing really bad is going to happen as long as we have each other".

I shut my eyes tightly before finally opening them and holding her shoulders tightly escaping the embrace.

"You promise?" I said still holding her shoulders tightly

"I promise"

I clenched my fist as I felt a tear attempting to escape my eye, I quickly wiped it away as I ran into the bathroom. I heard Scorpia call after me in concern, but I ignored her calls.

I gripped the sides of the sink and watched a small girl enter the bathroom.

"What are YOU looking at?!" I hissed at her, I felt my tail slowly wiggle around. I yanked it to keep it still, then glared at her.

The small girl ran away quickly, my eyes quickly softened then I started back into the mirror above the sink that I was gripping.

"I promise..."

"I promise" I repeated. 

"I promise my ass! You lier! You..You..." my voice cracked as I felt another tear go down. "You promised you would keep in touch with me.." I then whispered.

I growled then marched out of the bathroom, I saw my schedule. My first period was ancient history. I knew Adora loved history, so I assumed that she would be in my class. I waited outside of a dark corner which was the way to the class.

The bell rang and I took my place. 

I looked down at my watch and watched her leave to exchange her goodbyes, and just as I expected she made her way over to the area I was. 

She turned the corner, and her eyes widened. Her eyes met mine as she froze in her place, not moving an inch.

I smirked as our eyes made contact, I almost hesitated but I didn't back down from my confident state.

"Hey, Adora~.." I spoke cooly.

Her eyes widened, then shakily said 

"....Catra?..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Kind of another boring chapter, but I put in Catra's POV and to introduce kind of who she hangs around, similar to befores chapter. It'll get more interesting,..I hope after this chapter.