Chapter 26

Adora's POV

Small movements behind me caused me to begin to stir from a very comfortable sleep I was in. I groaned out a noise, trying to signal to stop moving.

"Sorry, for wakin' you up but we have to go to school soon" I heard Catra's voice enter my ears.

"Shut up, still sleeping" I mumbled.

I felt Catra poking at my left cheek, "C'mon"

I whined pushing my curled body up against her in the best of my abilities, "No, I want to cuddle"

"Since when was I the one to tell you to go to school?" Catra teased.

"You're rubbing off on me" I mumbled still half-asleep.

I felt a fast shift in the couch as I felt the small furs on Catra's cheek smudge against my cheek, making me giggle.

"Hah! That tickles" I laughed trying to move away from her cheek that is smashing against mine.

"I won't unless you get up!" She challenged.

I decided to playback and I let my tongue run along her cheek, but I grimaced quickly feeling fur on my tongue.

"Ew! Fur!" I mumbled, bringing my finger to my tongue trying to scrape the fur off of it.

"That's what you get for licking me" I could practically hear the smirk in her voice.

I grumbled to myself and attempted to stand up from the couch but when I was pushing off the couch with my right hand, but It wasn't enough to hold up my body since I had tripped forward.

I then felt a quick hand tug on my shoulder, pulling me back.

"Woah, you okay?" Catra asked concern.

I shrugged off her hand on my shoulder, feeling a sudden wave of anger. I can't even get up off the couch without someone helping me, I'm just useless. I've been feeling like that a lot actually, there have been so many things that I haven't been able to do because of my shoulder.

"Yeah," I said dryly, walking away from Catra.

I then felt her turn me around suddenly, making me roll my eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked brushing her fingertips against my cheek.

I sighed and tried to move away from her by moving to the side, but of course. She was one step ahead and followed my movements by stepping in front of me, right after I did.

"It's nothing" I mumbled.

"Clearly it's something because you're acting this way" She fought.

I let out an annoyed sigh, I don't want to fight with Catra. I'm sick of doing that, but I can't help but feel angry at her nagging.

"I told you, It's nothing!" I yelled, a little too loud.

I saw her step back slightly, eyes widened.

"Catra..." I mumbled reaching out to touch her, suddenly feeling guilty for yelling at her.

"Adora, I'm just trying to help you" She whispered.

Now, a huge wave of guiltiness filled my chest. She's just trying to help, I'm just being moody. I walked towards her slowly and went to touch her again but I held myself back.

"I just feel useless," I said, trying to make sure my voice doesn't crack. I don't want her to see me weak like this.

"What?" She questioned, clearly surprised.