Chapter 7

Catra's POV

The moment I watched Adora fall to the ground and blackout for the second time, I couldn't shake off the feeling of what she told me. 

I watched her lifeless body fall to the ground as she finished her sentence.

"You broke a promise too.."

The continuous words began to flow into my head on repeat, I quickly shook my head and made my way over to Adora's body.

I gave a fake smile down and put a hand on her shoulder shaking it lightly

"Stop playing around, Adora. I know you're faking it" I told her, in hopes I didn't push it too far with her. I continued to wait several minutes for her to finally move but she didn't.

Panic surged through my body as I furiously shook her body and then slapped her right onto the face. 

"Adora! Come on, please! I didn't mean to, I was just playing around!" I fumbled with my words as she still laid lifeless. 

I felt a tear go down my cheek, as I held her in my arms. Why am I crying? I was the one who did this, I was the one who lost control and hurt her. I promised I wouldn't hurt her. Here I am getting mad at her for breaking a promise, I didn't even realize I was breaking a promise myself.

I continued to stare down at Adora's lifeless body as I put two fingers to her pulse and felt a wave of relief feeling small bumps of a heartbeat, but it was really weak.

I sighed and picked her up in bridal style, I should probably take her back to her house. Or my house? I don't know. I think we both live alone, so which house we go to shouldn't matter too much.

I looked out the window as I started to walk toward the exit, it really had gotten to sunset already? I'm glad it's our last period so we don't have to worry about missing another class. I chuckled to myself, as I imagined Adora and I getting late to yet another class on the first day. 

I was interrupted from my thoughts from hearing sudden claps out of nowhere, I turned my head in different directions to see where it was coming from.

"Very well done, Catra" A chilling voice came from behind me, as a reflex I jumped back and my grip on Adora tightened.

My eyes laid on Mrs. Grant standing there with a creepy smile, hands folded in front of her.

"Why did you make us fight?" I asked confused, but with a hint of protectiveness.

"I wanted to see your full potential, you and Adora..are very special" The way Adora's name came off her tongue made my stomach drop and my tail puff a little. 

My grip on Adora was already tight, but it became tighter as I moved back a bit more towards the exit.

"You made me hurt her, you provoked me to get angry at her. You're the reason I got her hurt" I spat. 

I looked down at the mess I made of Adora, my heart broke at the small cut on her forehead that had blood trickling down her face. I wiped it with my finger and traced the small scratches that were sure to fade soon, but were visible.

"You and I both know that this was not all my fault, you need to learn how to control your emotions. I would like you and Adora to meet after school tomorrow. Because of me, you missed your clean-up detention from Mr. Lance. I have informed him that I need you tomorrow" She replied.

For a bit my mine contemplated this offer, If I learned how to control these emotions then maybe I won't hurt Adora this bad.

"If it's my emotions, then why does Adora need to be here?" I asked