Chapter 34

Catra's POV

Adora and I sat on the couch watching T.V, some sort of random cartoon that she had been wanting to watch for awhile. I bounced my leg up and down several times, replaying the conversation I had yesterday with Shaunt.

Even with my attempt to convince Adora that I would be fine and that she didn't need to ice the bruise on my back, she spent all morning icing it and made sure that the disinfectant would do its job.

Shadow Weaver has been Mrs. Grant this whole time, the idea of processing that in my head is beyond impossible. But, yet at the same time, I feel so stupid for not realizing it sooner.

"Hey, you're pretty deep in thought," Adora said, nudging my shoulder with hers playfully.

I nervously bit my lip, trying to think of an excuse as to why I had been thinking so hard. I still had to tell Glimmer about the situation that happened, but a part of me feels that I shouldn't tell Glimmer. Since, what if she tells Adora..though she even thought it was best to keep it from Adora.

"Ah, it's nothing. Just thinking about the fight club" I lied with a nervous giggle. Lying to Adora practically breaks my heart every time I have too.

I felt her grab my hand, a small gesture that she does that almost makes my heart due a full 360.

"Everything is going to be okay" She spoke with sincerity, playing with my tapping fingers that were doing a small dance on my knee.

I sighed and still allowed my leg to dance but my fingers to stop moving, "You're not scared about this? At all?"

She definitely tensed at that question.

"Of course I am.."

I scooted up on the couch so that I was now crossed-legged on it, tilting my head in Adora's direction.

"Then why? Why do you insist that you have to do this fight club?" I mumbled, trying to search Adora's eyes who were looking down slightly.

She let out a shaky exhale and looked up at me, "I..I've been thinking about something lately.."

"And what's that?"

Now, this was giving me anxiety.

"I want to meet Shadow Weaver," She said sternly, slightly fixing her posture.

The look in her eyes seemed so serious, it made me freeze. But the name she said made my whole body rigid. Hearing that name makes me want to vomit, if I could erase that name from existence I would. No hesitation.

Adora could obviously tell that I froze up suddenly so she grabbed my arm, "Don't you want too?"

I still stayed frozen.

"Catra!"

At that, I jumped and finally blinked.

"I thought I lost you for a second" She smirked. "Why did you freeze up?"

Oh yeah, just that the person you want to meet is like some serious criminal. Can't wait to go and meet her.

"Nothing, I just don't think its a good idea" I warned, giving her an even more dead serious expression than she did.

Adora's eyes widened seeing the expression on my face, "Wh-Why?"

"First off why do you even want to see her?" I asked.

"Well, I just..you know what it's stupid. Let's forget this whole conversation" Her voice turning weaker as she finished the sentence.

I watched her begin to get off the couch, but I grabbed her hand and pulled her back onto the couch. For whatever reason she wanted to see Shadow Weaver, I needed to know. That nasty woman could do anything to Adora.