Chapter 18

Adora's POV

Of all people, I could run into, and of all times I could run into this person. Just has to be right now.

"Ca..tra?" I whispered, I slowly tilted my foot so that I was in a position I could run away. I considered just walking out and leaving since she was staring at me like that she did not want to see me.

I suddenly saw her hunch over on the counter and shove her head into her arms, I felt the urge to go up and ask what's wrong.

"Catra" I repeated, "Are you okay?"

I walked up to her and touched her shoulder then shaking her lightly. I heard her groan and move farther away from my touch.

"Leave me alone" She grumbled turning her head to look at me. My eyes widened at her figure, she was shaking and her forehead was covered in sweat.

"Are you sick?" I asked worried, bringing my hand up to her forehead. It felt warm, I quickly brushed my sleeve up to her forehead and wiped the balls of sweat that were falling down.

"It's just a cold," She said annoyed standing up, a little wobbly. I went next to her to help her up. I heard another groan come from her as she pushed me away.

"I told you to leave me alone!" She yelled, which made her stumble and use the counter for support.

I frowned and crossed my arms, watching her breathing become ragged.

"I'm just trying to help you, why won't you let me help you?" I hissed.

I saw her clench her fist as she tried to push herself back up with the bathroom counter's support, "Because, I don't want your help. And, I don't want to see you!"

My breathing froze as I watched her eyes widened, it was clear she regretted the words she said. The tears began to weld in my eyes as I looked away. 

"Hey, Wildca-" I heard a familiar voice speak. I looked up to see Scorpia frantically run over to Catra, being her support.

"Hey, Scorpia. Thanks" She mumbled weakly.

"I told you to stay home, we need to get you home" Scorpia scolded.

"No, I have a stupid math test today. Can't miss it" She groaned as I watched them walk out of the bathroom leaving me alone.

I clenched my fist, was this jealousy? The fact that I saw Catra let Scopria help her instead of me made my blood boil. I don't blame that she wants to be alone, but all I wanted to do was help her. But I did see something in her eyes before when she said that she doesn't want to see me anymore. Something that meant she didn't mean what she said. 

I shook my head, I guess this is how Catra felt when I kept rejecting her. I don't blame her for acting this way, I wish that she would give me another chance. 

"Adora?" I heard Glimmer say.

I looked up at her, with darkened eyes. Clearly, she noticed since she seemed scared from the gaze I was looking at her with.

"A-ARe you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah" I replied, taking my gaze from her to look at my fists.

"What are you doing?" Glimmer wondered.

I continued to watch my clenched fists.

"I'm gonna get Catra back"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hopped off my bike and told Glimmer and Bow who had confused faces that I was gonna talk to Antonio about something.

I saw Catra from the corner of my eye watching me as I ignored her gaze, walking past her. I decided that I was going to end things with Antonio and cut him off by not going to homecoming with him. I'm tired of him being in the way of Catra and I's relationship.