Chapter 38

Adora's POV

TW// VIOLENCE AND MENTIONS OF BLOOD

Today is the day that I'm supposed to fight in the club today. And honestly, I'm scared shitless. After seeing what happened to Catra, I'm gonna do so much worse than her. She was able to pull through, and me? I have no idea what I'm going to do.

Catra probably sensed my nervousness, softly grabbing my hand. Giving it a small squeeze, "Hey, you got this"

"Right....I got this" I mumbled to myself, squeezing the soft hand back.

I'm glad Catra was always here by my side or else I would be pretty much losing my mind if it weren't for her being here. Supporting me and comforting me the entire way.

It wasn't said who my opponent is, I just got the text notification that I was to arrive here at 8 pm sharp. They decided to cut down the number of people and made it so that I was only to arrive at the time I'm going to fight. Rather, than make us watch people get brutally beaten up.

Once again we arrived at the door to the arena.

"You got this" Catra repeated the same words that she told me in the car.

I breathed in a huge puff of air and nodded, simply holding onto the handle and tugging it harshly to open the door.

Once we arrived in we were escorted to different areas, me to the middle of the mat and Catra to the viewing stand. Even if Catra didn't look like it, she was just as scared as me. I looked ahead of me to see a muscular woman. Way more intimidating than I could ever look like.

A smug grin was plastered all over their face as they cracked their knuckles, getting into a prepared position. I tried to do the same, hunching over my back and cracking my neck. Attempting to pop a view veins out of arms. But I knew that would take too much energy, so I settled for having a game face on.

"You're trying too hard" The venomous voice spoke. They wore nothing but boxer shorts and a muscle tank top

I smirked, "Not as hard as you"

"Shut up, you're going down. And you know it"

"Psh, In your dreams"

Though, I knew this was going to be a challenge. They were way more muscular than me and It looked like they weren't playing around. A look behind their eyes that said they weren't going down.

It scared me.

Our small talk was over when the referee stood beside us, holding up their flag in one hand and a whistle to their mouth with the other.

Sweat rolled down my neck as the anticipation of the whistle grew on me. What was I gonna do if I didn't win? I turned my head to see Catra giving me a thumbs up, and a little cheer with her thumbs. It made me smile a bit, and the tiniest bit of confidence.

"Remember, you're going down" They growled.

I was about to answer, but it was cut off from the whistle was blown. I had only a couple of seconds the process that the fight started before I was Instantly tackled. I thought they were going to push me to the ground, but they didn't.

It was like slow-mo, I was being pushed back. I felt myself falling backward, then all of a sudden my neck was in a head-lock. I gasped for air, as my arms flailed around the strong arm.

"Hah, that was easy!" They yelled, tugging on the arm-lock harder, making it almost impossible to breathe.

At this point, I couldn't even understand what they said. My ears were ringing as my attempt to get air was slowly failing. Though, they weren't paying attention to my legs. So with all the strength, I could muster up, I secretly brought the front of my foot to the back of her knee. Kicking harshly in the ligament area hopefully. I manage to successfully do so as they dropped onto one knee and groaned loudly. Their arm grip around my neck weakening.