Chapter 15

Adora's POV

The bus ride back to my house wasn't so bad since it wasn't too far from home, Catra and I's bodies still huddled close on the bus.

The kiss I shared with her felt different and when I kissed her it felt like everything wrong that was going on in my life was gone. I felt something I haven't felt in a long time from her, loved.

"Adora?" I heard Catra say

I looked at her pointing that the bus had stopped, I didn't even notice we got here. I was too lost in thought about what happened. I readjusted my backpack that was beginning to slouch on my back because of the bus seat.

I waited for Catra to get up, she first looked over at me and then grabbed my hand holding it tightly as she dragged me through the base of the bus and eventually reaching the exit. I blushed and thanked the bus driver as we hopped off the bus and made it onto the sidewalk of my neighborhood.

"Soo, where's your house?" Catra asked still holding my hand tightly.

I gulped nervously, I'm not used to holding hands with a girl casually in public. Even if it was Catra, I was always nervous about stuff like that.

I pointed to the small 1 story house that had a brown roof with tan colors for the outer walls, and a white garage.

"Wow, those color schemes are interesting" Catra remarked.

I lightly tugged on her hand, annoyed, "Hey, not my problem. Shadow Weaver gave me this house under her name so she clearly didn't care about this house"

"Of course, you're the favorite. She gives you a house and I get an apartment" Catra grumbled.

I sighed, "You can live with me you know? We don't have to worry about Shadow Weaver right now"

"Nah, I can't. I have all my stuff at my apartment, plus I would never hear the end of it from Scorpia. But I'll make sure to drop by a lot" Catra reassured.

"Alright, sounds good" I nodded and led her into my small, but kind of clean house? I took off my shoes near the doorstep, Catra soon followed. 

"You have a nice home" Catra complimented running her hand along the walls of my home. 

"Yeah" I replied nervously following her as she admired the small hole that I spend little time in, come to think of it. Due to these all these new events that are happening in my life, I haven't spent a lot of time in my own house except for sleeping and eating.

"Mind getting me some water?" Catra asked sitting down on the couch and turning on the T.V

I nodded and went into the kitchen to grab two water bottles, I smiled to myself realizing how easy Catra was making herself at home. I walked back into the room where Catra was sitting on the couch. I walked up to her and tossed the water bottle and dropped down on the couch next to her.

"So, do you like it around here?" I asked opening the water bottle and taking small sips.

I could tell Catra was dehydrated because she guzzled the water faster than ever, almost half of the water bottle was gone by the time I even took a sip out of it.

She sighed in relief probably from the water, "Yeah, I like it here. It has some good AC, plus you can see a pretty good view of the town"

I looked at the direction she was looking out, the sliding door that led out to the backyard. I stood up and opened the sliding door to get a better view of the scenery. I actually never took the time to admire the view of my background.