Chapter 5

Adora's POV

The previous periods before lunch were agonizingly slow since none of my friends were in the classes. Unfortunately, I was forced to make human interaction with new people, which I literally suck at. 

I lazily walked to the lunch table where all my friends decided to meet up with my backpack slung over one shoulder. 

"Wow, you look..dead already," Glimmer said while rubbing some of the sleep out of my eye, then patting my shoulder.

"Thank you, and I am in fact very dead," I said yawning, then adding "I literally have no classes with you guys".

Bow looked up from his schedule, with a sandwich in his hand.

"Didn't you try and talk to some people in your classes, or make any friends?" He asked.

I shrugged, "I don't intend to make a lot of friends. I'd rather just keep friends as just classmate friends, and just keep you guys".

Glimmer frowned and crossed her arms, I knew this look. She was about to give me a lecture. 

"But Ador-" 

She got cut off from Perfuma.

"Actually, I saw her talking to that one girl, that people call 'Catgirl' or something. She has a tail and is practically all black" Perfuma added.

I mentally facepalmed, I did not want that to be brought up.

"How do you know that?" I asked, trying to hide the embarrassment. 

"I saw you two getting talked to by Bow's dad outside of his classroom, I assume you two have after school detention or clean up?" She asked.

I lowered my head in embarrassment, then gave a small nod.

Glimmer groaned and facepalmed.

"Seriously Adora? Getting in trouble on the first day, and besides. I heard that girl was a trouble maker, so keep your guard up".

My eyes widened then looked up, "Glimmer, Bow. You literally know her, well not really. But remember that childhood friend that I talked about? We lost contact after we moved to different middle schools?"

Bow and Glimmer both gasped in unison, then both saying "You mean..Catra?!" 

I nodded, then told them to shush as if Catra was right next to them.

Glimmer's excitement died down, then gave another frown. 

"Try not to get to attached, I have a bad feeling about her. I have nothing against her, just be careful around her, okay?" She said in a protective tone.

I shrugged, "She is my childhood friend, and I know her. But yeah, I understand. I won't get so attached".

I knew that was a lie, I want to do everything in my power to get close to Catra.

After all, I did miss her.

~~~~~~~~~

I groaned from hearing the painful sound of the bell, my next class was swordsmanship. I didn't mind since I've always wanted to swing a sword from time to time. For no particular reason, just a random wanting to do that.

I said my goodbyes to my friends, Its a shame I have no classes with my friends except for the last period which is with Bow.

I eventually made my way, with my backpack lazily on my shoulder over to my class. I yawned that stretched my neck.

In the corner of my eye, I caught something that made my breath hitch in my throat and my heart drops 20 stories.

I saw a somewhat shorter girl, maybe a couple of inches shorter than Catra...