Chapter 2

Adora's POV:

I pedaled down the road that headed towards the school, my thoughts were filled about Catra and our past together. I attempted to get rid of them on the way to school but they just never went away.

I was thinking so much that I didn't even realize that I reached the school, I put my bike in an open bike holder and looped the lock around it. I locked it into place, and before I could stand up from my kneeling position I felt someone yank my shoulder into a hug, which almost knocked the wind out of me.

"Hey girl!" Bow exclaimed as he was practically jumping around the world to see me. Sometimes, I think he is gay. I swear I felt like he had a thing with Kyle back in middle school. 

"Hello to you too Bow," I said scratching my head and groaning trying to get away from the embrace but that just made him squeeze me even more. 

"Alright, come on Bow. She needs to breathe too" I heard Glimmer scold him.

He frowned and let me go, but gave me one more quick squeeze before ACTUALLY letting me go.

I smiled at silently gave Glimmer a thank you, she returned the smile as me and her gave a gentler embrace. 

"It's so good to see you guys," I said as I exited the embrace.

"It's soooo good to see you guys too," Bow said excitedly.

"We should have hung out more during the summer, since now we may not have a lot of time not that we're in high school," Glimmer said with a frown.

"Don't worry Glimmer, we will make time. Just have to find a way" I said patting her shoulder. "Didn't you have a board game we were going to play Bow?" I then asked.

I saw his eyes light up and he grabbed both Glimmer and I by our shoulders and pushed us towards a nearby table.

"I thought you'd never ask!" 

~~~~~~~~

Bow finally set up the game, It was a table that looks like dungeons and dragons except when he pulled out a bag, the figures were of us. I was holding a sword with some red and white costume, and glimmer had a purple cape-like clothing with shorts. While bow, that is kind of obvious. He had a bow, and he was wearing a crop top with a heart in the middle. See what I mean, GAY! 

He began to explain the rules of the game and we began to play the game. It seemed pretty simple overall, just moving around the figure and doing what the manual said. The enemies were called the 'hoard'? It seems like an interesting name as if I had heard it before. 

I looked over and saw Perfuma by herself, she was one of my close friends from middle school as well.

"Hold on guys. I'm gonna go get Perfuma and see if she wants to come over and talk with us" I said getting up from the game.

"Hurry back! We need to finish and see what the almighty 'She-Ra' is going to do this time to defeat the army!" He replied in a hurry.

I rolled my eyes and ran over to Perfuma.

"Hey, Perfuma!" I said happily

"Oh, hey Adora! What are you doing over here?" She asked

"I saw you over here and wondered if you wanted to play a board game with Glimmer, Bow, and I?"

"Oh..Um, I'm actually waiting for Entrapta right now. She's just finishing up talking with Mr. Hordak" 

"Mr. Hordak? Who's that?" I asked interested.

"He's the science engineering and technician of the school. He is famous for creating many inventions. There is even a rumor that he created a portal to another dimension!" She exclaimed.

"Cool, and she's there for?"

"She's just asking if she can join the class even though it's not for freshmen. I hope she can convince him, s-she is really good at inventions and techy stuff. Not me though, hehe. I'm just going to join the gardening club or something" she confessed.

"Oh..I'm sure you will find something you like!" I answered. Come to think of it, I really don't know what I decided to do. I signed up for an ancient history study and Swordsmanship. Believe it or not, our school teaches self-defense with swords. No one else is doing it with me, so I'm alone on this one.

"I hope so-" She was interrupted from Entrapta wrapping an arm around her shoulder. I saw a small blush form on Perfuma's cheeks. 

I chuckled, she still did look the same from middle school. Typical long purple pigtails, and rusty looking. She was a did work with a lot of tech so I'm not surprised she can look a little rustic from time to time. 

"Long time no see, Adora!" She screamed in my face.

I smiled and told her to lower her voice. Sometimes she gets a bit loud from time to time and doesn't even realize it.

"Yep, it has been a long time since I have seen you Entrapta. Even though I saw you like a couple of months ago. We were in the same math class, remember?"

I watched her think a little bit, it was as if a lightbulb went off on the top of her head. "Oh yeaaaaaah!! We did. You helped me with that big project with what was the name..Quadratics...eh I really don't know. But who cares, SCIENCE! It is the key! To all SUCCESSI IN LIFE!!" She finished off with a scream. 

Perfuma shushed her and looked back over at me, "We're glad to join you guys with your..what was it? Boardgame" 

"Sweet," I said while shoving my hands in my hoodie

I led them over to the table we were all sitting at. My eyes were laid on 3 new people that were at our table. 

"Hey, guys!" Bow waved over to come to sit down. My eyes darted to the new faces, Mermista and Seahawk are sophomores here, but we were friends with them the last year at middle school. While we were still a grade behind. I finally then laid my eyes on Kyle, who was sitting dangerously close to Bow. He was a shy guy, whole apologized and practically did anything that someone asked of him. 

We were all talking about our summer, and what our plans we have for high school when we heard the bell. I groaned and looked at my schedule. My first period was one of my two electives, which was ancient history. I was quite excited since historical artifacts and stuff like that always fascinated me.

We all exchanged our goodbye as I walked to my class, there was a corner I had to pass which led to a dark area. Unfortunately, I had to go through there to get to my class. 

I turned the corner, and my eyes widened seeing someone that I thought would never ever see again in my life.

Standing there on foot up against the wall, arms crossed. Black jacket, with a white shirt. Necklace dangling from her neck, and black converse. She never changed. She always wore black.

I finally reached her eyes, the 2 different colored eyes that I looked into almost 4 years ago.

"Hey, Adora~.." She finally spoke

"....Catra?..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Well there is chapter 2! It was a little boring this chapter since I was kind of introducing the characters, but I couldn't make it all boring so the ending I hope was a good add-in. Sorry If I made some typing errors, I'm writing this late at night so I'm not at peak consciousness >_< but I wanted to put in at least 2 chapters. Tell me if you guys think If I should continue to write this!