Chapter 23

Adora's POV

As soon as those words left his mouth, I felt my body began to fall into an unfocused state, a very numb one too. My ears began to muffle the sound, with a small ringing sound that rang throughout my ears. My eyes began dart everywhere as I clutched the blankets of the hospital bed, I attempted to control my ragged breathing but that seems impossible.

"What do you mean?!" I heard a muffled scream come out of Glimmer's mouth while she slammed her hand against a nearby table.

My eyes darted up to Glimmer's figure making my anxiety whirl, even more, I saw the doctor begin to bicker with her as Bow tried to calm her down. I felt my hands begin to shake, with my knuckles turning white.

"Adora?" I heard a soothing soft voice come from the side of me.

I slowly turned my head looking over at Catra, her eyes were soft and the way her voice said her name was beginning to calm me.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

I felt balls of sweat begin to form on my forehead, my mouth was barely able to move to answer her question. Instead, I just leaned forward to have my head hang loose against her shoulder. Her hand began to soothingly make circles around my back, which helped suppress the anxiety that was building up.

"Is she okay?" Someone asked, maybe the Doctor. I didn't seem to care at the moment, I just wanted to lay here with Catra to calm myself down.

I heard Catra give a light, "Yeah, I think she needs to be alone".

A couple of minutes later, and shuffling around later. The room went quiet, the only thing I was able to hear was Catra's light breathing. As soon as I knew we were alone, I almost broke. I clutched onto the side of Catra's shirt and breathed raggedly.

Tears began to escape my eyes, staining her flannel. Making a huge puddle of tears begin to form a huge circle.

"It's gonna be okay" Catra whispered holding me tight against her chest.

"H-How do you know that" I mumbled feeling weak.

"Because I know you. You're strong Adora, a strong person. I know this won't stop you from doing anything in life, you're gonna be just fine" She reassured still holding me close.

Catra's comforting words helped me calm down, and the feeling of fear in my stomach begin to release.

"But the fight-" I began to tremble once again.

I felt Catra begin to slightly shuffle around making me stop mid-way sentence, it took me a minute to realize the position we were in. Catra had removed me from her chest, she held my right shoulder with her hand and squeezed it lightly, making me look into her heterochromatic eyes.

"I don't want to hear anything about that right now, you don't need any more pressure on your shoulders...no pun intended" Catra mumbled.

That got me to laugh a little, "Thanks Catra, for being here...for me.."

I saw a small blush begin to rise on her cheeks, making her wiggle in her seat uncomfortably, "Y-Yeah, it's nothing"

I saw her holding something back slightly, "What is it?"

Her eyebrows raised in confusion, "What?"

"Catra, come on. I know you want to tell me something, what is it?" I said rolling my eyes.

I watched her suck in a sharp breath, "I- 'll tell you later"

I groaned and slapped my hand against my face annoyed. She isn't telling me anything, I've been waiting days to find out why she was acting so weird, and she is going to tell me 'later'. Yeah, right.