Chapter 13

Catra's POV

The way Adora's lips felt against mine, made my heart explode. The feeling of relief filled my chest, I felt so happy to be able to feel Adora's lips on mine. I felt Adora ever so slightly push her lips against mine. I released a small whimper wanting her to move her lips against mine more, which surprisingly she did. I moved my hands off of her wrists and cupped the side of her face.

Adora suddenly broke away and pushed me back making me lightly fall back into a sitting position. I didn't realize how long we were kissing because when we broke away I was gasping for air.

"S-Stop..," Adora mumbled between gasps, which made my heart break into a million pieces.

"What?" I asked panting, making sure that I was hearing what she said.

"I said stop, Catra" Adora repeated sternly.

We stared at each other for a good minute, I growled and refused to accept the rejection that Adora was making. I knew she liked me, why won't she accept it. I leaned down again about to press my lips against her again but she brought her knee up and forced it into my stomach causing me to roll onto my side grunting.

"W-What was that for!?" I shouted in pain holding my stomach.

"I told you to stop, what else was I supposed to do?" She shrugged. 

I looked down at the bed in defeat, my heart, my feelings everything for Adora washed away at the moment. I felt numb, the feeling of rejection kept coming back.

"Don't you like me back?" I mumbled quietly

Adora looked over at me and her eyes widened. The tears that were escaping my eyes were unstoppable. Adora quickly embraced me and held me as I buried my face into her shoulder, letting the tears dampen my sweatshirt.

"Shh, Catra. Let it out" She whispered into my ear while rubbing my back. I sobbed at her words, I couldn't even comprehend my feelings. I just wanted to enjoy the warm embrace I was in, and it was Adora who was embracing me.

I eventually ran out of tears, but the feeling of sadness what still at the pit of my stomach. I let out a long and loud sigh and finally built up the courage to lift my head off of her shoulder and stared into her eyes. I couldn't quite comprehend what she was feeling, which was weird. Once you get to know Adora, she is easy to read. But now, it was like I didn't even know who she was. She then caressed my face and leaned in to place her forehead on mine.

"Catra...You know we're just friends" She whispered.

A tear threatened to leave my eye, I pressed my forehead harder into hers and grabbed the sides of her hoodie and clutched it.

"Don't you want this, Adora? Don't you want me?" My voice cracked waiting for her response.

I waited for her response, but I never heard a response so I opened my eyes to look at her closed eyes. She was holding in her breath, then finally she opened her glistening eyes that were now waterfilled. My heart broke at the sight of her crying, I slowly brought my hand to her face from her side to wipe away the tear that was falling down.

"Of c-course I do, Catra. But, I can't risk losing you if we end up dating. What if we get into a fight? What if I lose you again? I can't do that.." She finally answered with a small cry. 

I shook my head and kissed the top of her forehead, "You don't have to worry about that, were inseparable you know? I promise...I won't ever leave you"

I cupped her cheek and leaned in pressing my lips once again to hers. I lightly pushed her down and climbed over her. I let my tongue run over her bottom lip, making her part her lips slightly. I let my tongue slide in slowly, our tongues brushing against each other lightly making a small moan escape her throat.