Till I Love You (Ch.37) John's Writing

Lou's POV:

*So Dad asked me if I wanted to stay the night at John's for a couple of days. I said yes! I've always wanted to see John's house. So I pack my bags and John comes and picks me up. Just wanna see how it feels.*

"Man, your loaded."

"Yeah.", he chuckles.

*I see a couple of his awards on
his dresser.*

"Bueller.", I say and read it.

"Best Film-director/maker of the year. You won that 3 times in a row."

"Yeah."

"I also got one from the that we made."

"I was meaning to give it to you.."

"You keep it. It's your movie."

*He looks at me.*

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

*His wife and some guy comes around the corner.*

"Nancy!", I say hugging her.

*She hugs me back. She kisses my forehead.*

*There are some papers on the floor. I pick them up. Their scripts.*

"Uncle Buck 2, Cameron Bueller's Next Day Off, Home-"

"Oh we're already doing that one."

"You wrote these?"

*I sit down and read it. He doesn't try to take it away. I read all of the scripts.*

"50 pages about Uncle Buck 2, 100 pages of Cameron Bueller's Next a Day Off."

"John, you were planning on making other movies, weren't you?"

"Yeah."

"But your still in Cameron Bueller's Next Day Off. Frye and Jeanie get married and have two kids. Denny and Minnie. You teach them how to take a day off."

"I like that."

*He smiles.*

"You know nobody will be as gifted as you were."

"Aww.", Nancy says.

*I smile and I hug John.*

"No wait. Stool.", John says and Nancy gets a stool.

*I get on the stool and hug him again.*

"How tall are you?"

"About 6 foot."

"Oh."

"Hey Lou you want anything? Like food wise?"

"We got some good pizza down the block that John can go get."

"Umm. Yeah I guess. I like cheese pizza."

*Nancy calls the pizza place and she places the order under 'Hughes'.*

"It'll be about 20 minutes.", Nancy says.

"I think about disappearing after Cameron Bueller's Next Day Off.", John says.

"Why?"

"I wanna get away from L.A. I wanna stay in Chicago."

"Oh."

"Are you gonna disappear from me?", I ask him.

"No. You can come and visit."

*I smile but a full smile.*

"So uh, your interested in my movies?"

"Yeah. I've watched them since I was a kid."

*He smiles.*

*He starts doodling a image on his notebook paper. I watch him. He gets back up and plays a song by The Beatles on his sound system. He goes and sits back down and starts doodling again.*

*The timer goes off.*

"Damn...I was in the zone."

*I laugh.*

*I go with him to get the pizza. He says sorry for cursing in front of me. I told him it's fine.*

*We get the pizza and go back to his house. We go inside and eat. After he gets done eating you see him go back to his notebook. I just watch him for five minutes.*

"Lou."

"Hmm?"

"Your pizzas getting cold."

"Huh? Oh yeah.", I say.

*I eat my pizza and I go watch him. He turns on The Breakfast Club on for me. I never watched it before. I start watching it. I get mesmerized. Until I hear John clear his throat it pulls me back in.*

"You like it?"

"Yeah. You can totally relate to the characters."

"Yeah you can."

*He's 59 and he can write a lot better than others. It amazes me.*

*I stop watching The Breakfast Club and I watch him.*

"What do you think?", he asks me showing me the doodle he drew of me in Cameron Bueller's Day Off.

"I like it."

"Can you hand me my phone for me please?", he asks.

"Yes sir."

*I get his phone for him and I give it to him.*

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

*I go back to watch the breakfast club. He lays 20 page paper in me front of me in about 30 minutes.*

"Wow that was fast."

"Yeah."

*John has to get his health back up anyway, so he has to stay home a lot. He said we're taking a year break on the filming because he'll get sick again if we don't.*

*The next day, Dad comes and gets me. He takes me back home. He asked me how was it. I told him everything. John told me a secret of his writing, he told me not to tell. I'll never tell for as long as I live. Also Dad tells me that him Makayla are having a baby. Which I didn't realize until a hour later.*