Till I Love You (Ch.38) You Get Inspired

That's Mr. John Hughes everybody!
Flashback to the day before.

John's POV:

*I've been up for a long time. It's 4am. I'm still working on a movie script and I can't think of anything because I'm tired! I keep getting frustrated. I hear footsteps come down the stairs. Why is Alyssa still up?*

"John? Your still up? It's 4am. Shouldn't you be in bed?"

"Yeah. I stayed up so I could write the rest of the script of Cameron Bueller's Next Day Off."

"Oh."

"How come your still up?"

"I heard your sound system playing The Beatle's and I decided to have a listen."

*I smile.*

~~~~~

Lou's POV:

"I can't think of anything else to write. I'm tired but I wanna finish this first.", he says.

"Hey how about you go to bed, and I'll read over it and I'll write a note for you. I can help.", I smile.

"How did you get inspired?", he asks.

"By you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. You've written tons of movies. Like The Breakfast Club, Pretty In Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Home Alone. Everybody gets their work off of you because you've written so much, that when people make movies now, they go to John Hughes and say hey, 'John's an awesome writer and director, maybe he'll help.' "

"Thanks.", he smiles.

"No problem."

"Oh and Baby's Day Out and Sixteen Candles.", I say and he laughs.

"You really think you can help me?"

"I may not have a lot of experience with writing, but I always practice."

"Okay let's see what you got."

"Okay. So you want Cameron to get her Uncle a date with her art teacher. Cameron got expelled and there's no way to get to the art teacher right?"

"Right."

"Cameron helps her sneak in, she gets caught by Rooney and Rooney threatens Cameron. Then they both leave. But her Uncle never knew if she asked her art teacher or not. So Cameron surprises him with a dinner date to a fancy place."

"I like that. Then so after the date Cameron makes a move?"

"Yeah but not that far I'm still a kid. I don't want my eyes and brain to have a burned image of that in my head."

*He laughs again.*

"True. I wouldn't want you to either."

"So when Cameron gets home, Sloane catches her and she grounds her even more. While that happens, Cameron's kids Denny and Minnie plan a prank on their Great Aunt and Uncle, Ferris and Sloane. So Sloane forgets about Cameron being expelled and grounded and she gives her, her phone back. Then you go off to another scene and The Beatle's are playing a song. Well now it's 2 Beatle's....", I say and John was already typing in his typewriter.

"How's this?", he asks and hands it to me.

"You wrote a page in a full 30 seconds."

"Yeah."

"Wow...No wonder how you wrote The Breakfast Club fast."

"Mmhmm."

*I read over it and I smile.*

"Yeah. That's good."

"John, Alyssa? Aren't you guys supposed to be in bed? Especially Alyssa. Sweetie it's 4am. Aren't you tired?"

"Yes ma'am.", I say.

"I was up for a while writing the rest of Cameron Bueller's Next Day Off that we're planning to shoot next year. She heard my sound system, it kept her up. It was my fault."

"Now hey! I couldn't sleep anyway."

"She was giving me an idea for the movie."

"Aww how cute."

*I smile and I hug John goodnight.*

"Mr. Hughes, goodnight. I love you guys."

"Goodnight Lou. We love you too."

*Nancy and John hug me. I hug them back.*

"Oh and you can call me Uncle John. Since you know you call Vin your uncle when you guys aren't really related?"

"Yeah. I know what your saying."

"Well goodnight."

"Goodnight.", they both smile at me.

*I go upstairs and get in the spare bedroom. John has gray hair lol. He's going to be 60 in a couple of hours. I can't wait to tell him happy birthday. I turn the tv on and I watch a movie. Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Every time you turn a corner something else bad happens and it makes me laugh. I love it! How is it 5am now? Man I guess I'll turn it off and go to bed. I turn off the tv and close my eyes trying to go to sleep. It's hard to when your away from home.*

*When I wake up in the morning, I get up and I go to John. He's still sleeping. Let's see he's 60, so he won't be able to catch me. Well I don't think. It's 11am. He's had about 9 hours of sleep. Yeah I'll wake him up. But wait I wanna wake him and hear him laugh. I go to Nancy and she fixes me something to eat. A few minutes later, John comes down.*

"Happy birthday!", I tell him.

"It's my birthday? Oh yeah."

"How do you forget your birthday?"

"I was tired."

"True."

"So when she woke up this morning, she decided to watch a movie. Guess what it was?", Nancy asks him.

"I uhh...Breakfast Club?"

"No."

"Sixt-"

"No."

"Ferris-"

"Nope!"

"Then I don't know."

"How about.... Baby's Day Out."

"Heh."

"That's my childhood movie man."

"It is? You were born in '99?"

"Yeah. I guess I put that out in '94. How many times have you watched it?"

"Way to many."