Chapter 30 - Darkness

~~~~~~~~~~

Kale

Bradley is pissed. I fucked up, I know that.

I should've told her that I was throwing a party.

"Dude, Bray is not very happy with you right now." Damon shakes his head, exhaling loudly.

I groan. "I know. I wanted to tell her, but I also wanted to throw this party. I feel like I've been out of the loop, you know?" The way that Damon looked at me nearly made me apologize to him.

"Really? Your popularity was more important than the best girl you could ever have. Seriously, dude. Grow the fuck up." He said to me, leaving me speechless, as we walked into the garage, grabbing the coolers for the party.

He's always been right there next to me through all the hookups and never once has he ever acted this way.

But, Bradley isn't just a hookup. She's much more than that. And I did feel guilty. I felt bad for lying to her and I feel like shit because she's mad at me because of it.

"I'm not worried about popularity." Is all I could manage to say. I walk in front of him quickly trying to make up for the lack of words.

"I don't know what you're worried about man, but I hope for her sake and yours, it's her. She's like a sister to me, and I'll be damned if I sit here and watch you break her heart." He tells me, setting the cooler on the patio out back.

I stay silent, because he's right and I can't argue with that. But, then the silence got really weird, so I ask him a question. "What were you and Bradley talking about?"

He just shrugged. "I just needed to tell her something."

"What was it?" Fuck, I sound nosy as hell.

He gave me a weird look. "Just wanted to talk. This isn't about you still being jealous, is it?" He stood up straighter.

"No. Just was curious, don't think about it too hard. Damn." He just laughs and shakes his head.

"You're fucking weird, dude."

~~~~~~~~~~

My house is full. There were so many people here it was hard to breathe.

"This party is insane!" Some random guy says, high-fiving me as he walks by. I chuckle, turning around to grab my drink that I set on that table.

Then, I heard the voice of the most annoying person to ever live. "Kale! Hey, babe!" I bite my lip to avoid groaning, then I turn around slowly.

"What do you want?"

She grabs the drink out of my hand, placing it right back to where it was before. "That was a dumb question, silly. I want you." She trails her finger down my chest. I take her hand and remove it from my body.

"Don't touch me."

She glares at me. "Is that Bradley?" She points to the stairs, and truth be told it was. Just as I was about to leave Brittany, she hands my drink back to me. "I'll get you eventually."

I take my drink out of her hand and take a large gulp of it, hoping to erase this entire conversation from my mind.

I walk around the house looking for Bradley, asking people if they saw her, but I start to realize they're all incoherent.

All, of a sudden I get really dizzy and I couldn't for the life of me walk in a straight line. I suddenly hear the voice of someone familiar, but I couldn't figure out who it was.