Chapter 2 - Mr. Bad Boy

So, we just arrived at Mrs. Ryder's house.

And all I can say is. . .

Woah.

I have never seen a house as big as this, my family definitely wasn't the richest bunch.

As we walk up the steps, I can't help but look at the house in awe. Its a beautiful house. I totally never imagined it looking like this.

We stand there for what felt like a couple hours, but in reality probably a couple minutes.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts, at least long enough to knock on the door.

I lift my hand up and right as I am about to swing it forward to knock, Braden runs right up and knocks 6 times. Eager much?

"Hey, I was gonna knock!" I whined.

"Well, to late already did. " She waves me off.

I glare at her. "You little-" I was interrupted by the door opening.

"Oh, my gosh it's so nice to see you all again. I missed you!" Mrs. Ryder greeted us, smiling widely.

"It's nice to be here, thank you again for letting us stay, Mrs. Ryder." I smile. 

"No, no call me Rose, Mrs. Ryder makes me feel old." She laughs.

"Can we come in now?" Brandon looks up at her, crossing his arms.

I widen my eyes, "Brandon!" I hiss.

"Don't worry about it sweetie. Come on in." She smiles. "Make yourself at home."

I smile guilty, "I'm sorry."

"Hush, kids will be kids. What can you do?" Shrugging, she steps aside to let us in. "It feels good to have some more girls around here, " She smiles at Braden and I. "All I have is Kale and my husband." She laughs a little.

"Who's Kale?" I ask she's never mentioned a Kale.

Who could that be?

"Oh he's my so-" She starts, but gets interrupted by a very husky voice.

"I'm Kale, the one and only," He smirks. "And who might you be?" He finishes.

"Hey, I'm Bradley. " I say blushing. I mean, if you could see him you would be too.

He is the equivalent to a model, like if you think of the hottest model you have ever seen, multiply that by ten, and then multiply that number by another ten, and then some. With his emerald green eyes, his black hair, and by looking at him he looked pretty athletic.

And his lips so pink, plump, they look so kissa--

Damn, I need to calm down.

I don't even know him, maybe he's a jerk.

I can't think like that either though, maybe he's nice?

Maybe he is just a fit nerd. Yes, exactly, that's all, just a nerd.

Who am I kidding? He's definitely not a nerd.

"So, you done staring at me?" A voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I notice I've been starring at him the whole time. I saw Mrs. Ryder roll her eyes at his antics and walk away with the twins. I vaguely hear her start to explain where things were.

Talk about embarrassing, am I right?

Remind me to never do that again.

"Yeah. Wait. . .um I-I wasn't staring at you." I stutter. Damn, stupid stutter issue.

"You kinda were." He smirks.  

Was is that obvious?

"I was thinking!" I glare.

"About me?" He replies. Then he winks.

Holy shit, that was so attractive.

"Actually, yeah I was." I reply.

"All good things I suppose?" He leans against the wall.

"Well, of course not." I said. I pretend to look him up and down. "I'm not sure what good things I'd be thinking about."

My eyes move back to his face to see his smirk was completely gone, he actually had a look of confusion on his face.

"What? What do you mean?" He stutters out.

"How are you confused?" I cross my arms over my chest. "I know I didn't stutter."

"You're the only girl who has ever said that to me! Every other girl finds me irresistible!" He said and he looks like a lost puppy. Well damn, he might as well just throw a fit.

"Well, I guess I'm not like most girls. Am I, Mr. Badboy?"

I mean, it's pretty obvious what kind of guy he is. He is cocky, he's self-centered, because you know he's the only one who matters in this world, he's a prick, and he is hot as hell. Oh, shit. Hot as hell? Why would I say that?

Because it's true! My brain decides to put a word in.

No!

Yes, he is, and you know it too.

Why are you always so right?

Because I'm you idiot, and awesome.

Yeah, true can't argue with that.

"What makes you think I'm a bad boy?" He asks, shocked.

"I'm not stupid Kale, you're a typical bad boy, everything about you."

"You don't even know me!" He raises his voice slightly.

I flinch back, "You're right, but I know people like you." My voice becomes smaller.

"Whatever. I'll see you around, goody goody."

"Hey! You don't know anything about me." I frown, suddenly getting defensive. I'm not a goody goody!

"Oh? You aren't? Well, I guess I've mistaken you. I guess we will just have to get to know each other then. I have to go, but this is not over. Baylee, was it?"

I frown, "Bradley. It's Bradley." I clarify.

He nods, "See you later, Bradley." He passes me, pulling the door open.

"Bye, Kaleb." I smile to myself.

Kale narrows his eyes, "It's Kale."

Then, he's out the door without a second glance.

What just happened?