Chapter 21 - Fate

After finding out everything, I decided that I should go home. I promised my aunt that I would visit soon and I left.

And on the way home I thought of only one thing.

Fate.

Fate has a funny way of putting people together. Whether it is in friendship, a relationship, or any kind of 'ship' really. And it's something I've always believed in, God gives people to us and he takes them away from us. All for a reason. You may never find out, you probably won't actually, but there is a reason.

I glance around the car, briefly looking at everyone. I've known these people for barely over a month. And I have no idea, how I'd manage without them. They've all helped me in some way.

Jess - She gives me support and always makes me feel good about myself. She actually makes me feel pretty.

Lucas - He is someone I know I can put my trust in. And he will not tell anyone, without me asking him not to.

Damon - That big idiot. He is so protective and brother-like. He let's me know that I will always, have a brotherly figure whenever I need one.

Justin - He brings out my mischievous side. One that I didn't get to see a lot.

And Kale. Oh, that boy. That man. He makes me feel all kinds of ways. He makes me feel these unidentified emotions. He is honestly the light in the darkness called my life. I can't say that I can't live without him. But it sure as hell would be lonely.

I look to Kale who is driving and smile. How have I become so blessed?

I sigh in content and stare out the window.

When we arrive home everyone was quiet. Even Damon and Justin, which is surprising to say the least. And it only took me up until I went into my room and layed down, realizing they were all following.

Jess, walked in and sat on my rolley chair.

Next, Justin, and he sat on the couch.

Then, Damon, who joined Justin.

Lucas walked in and leaned against the desk next to my rolley chair.

And, lastly Kale, who joined me on my bed.

I narrow my eyes, "What are y'all doing here?"

"You just had one hell of a day and you think we are going to leave you alone?" Damon asks, shaking his head. "Not gonna happen."

And I don't know if it was his words, or my brain just now realizing what happened and catching up to reality, but I just burst into tears.

In a flash they were all by my side. Patting my back, hugging me, kissing my forehead. And I kept crying. I wasn't sure what about. My mom. Seeing my uncle. Finding out about my aunt and newly found cousin. My friends. Maybe it was a little bit of everything. Maybe something not even related. But I cried for hours, and they never left my side. Besides Damon complaining about having to pee, and Kale punching him and telling him to piss off.

Soon enough, I stopped crying and took a deep breath. Jess squats infront of me and wipes my tears. "It'll all be okay, babe. I promise you." She whispers to me. I swallow the lump in my throat and nod.

"I look like absolute hell, don't I?"

"No."

"No."

"Course not."

"Never."

"Absolute shit."

Everyone pauses and looks at Damon. Lucas hits him upside the head. "Dude!"

He grips his head, "Ow! I didn't know she wanted us to lie to her."

I smile, "Thanks for being honest."

He smirks, triumphantly. "You're welcome."

"Are you okay?" Kale asks. The smile immediately leaves my lips. I look up at him, his eyes keep darting back and fourth between mine. I look down at my lap and shrug.

"I'm not sure."

"Can we have a minute alone please?"

My head snaps to his. He looks at me and shrugs. Everyone looks at him curiously, but nods and Jess narrows her eyes. They all leave.

"What did you want to talk about?" I look at him.

He sits next to me. "I know this is hard on you, like what you just went through, that sucks. And I kind of have an idea on what you're feeling." He looks down and sighs, "I just want to let you know that it will get better, even if it doesn't seem like it. Something or maybe someone will make it better." He gives me a small smile.

"You said you have an idea?" I ask, "What happened?"

He clenches his jaw, "Not today. Some other time." He bites his bottom lip, and tilts his head back. He then looks back at me, eyes glistening from unshed tears. "I'll tell you when I'm ready. Just not now okay? And that pain I know you feel, I feel it too, still and it happened a while back. I feel it right here." He points to his chest, where his heart would be.

I thought of my mom, "I feel it too."

He nods, and his Adam's apple bobs up and down, indicating he swallowed. "I just wanted to make sure you knew I was here for you. Even if we aren't the closest. You're still my friend, Brad."

"You said something or someone would make it better?" I ask him. "What was it for you?"

He has a ghost of a smile on his face, "She is a someone, someone who makes me extremely happy. A happiness I haven't felt in a long time." And I smile.

"I think mine is a someone too. Someone I may be starting to like, alot."

He nods, and his smile grows. Scooting closer. I lean my head against his shoulder. He puts his arm around my shoulders.

"You're really quiet, but a really good friend." I chuckle.

He laughs, "You're pretty loud, but same to you."

And we just sit there in a comfortable silence. And I say something that I need to say, and knowing he would understand why.

"Thank you, Lucas."