Chapter 31 - Truth or Drink

Bradley

I woke up to a banging on my door.

I groaned rolling over on my side, grabbing my phone to check the time.

11:21 am.

Damn. I slept for over twelve hours and I'm still exhausted. I absolutely hate when I sleep for a long time. I get way more tired compared to when I sleep for a solid four hours.

I pull the comforter off of me and slide myself out of bed, stretching in the way to the locked door.

I unlocked it, and saw the door abusing culprit. Kale.

"Brad. Hey." He smiles.

I narrow my eyes. "Hey? Really? What do you want?" I put a hand over my mouth as I yawn.

"Are you hungry? Let's go eat." He says.

"You woke me up for that?" I ask him, with a straight face.

He starts to shift uncomfortably, "Yeah, uh, I wanted to talk."

On the outside, I kept a straight face, and nodded. But, internally I was freaking out. What if he asked for advice? I'm terrible at advice. Or if he cries? I'm bad with that too. I push all the thoughts to the back of my head before my nervousness shows on my face.

"Yes!" I exclaim loudly, and internally smack myself on the back of my head, while he looks at me confused. I shut the door in his face.

I sigh loudly, then turn around heading straight for my closet.

My eyes immediately landed on a cute oversized red flannel, and I decided that I would come up with an outfit around that. I took the flannel and threw it on my bed. I walked over to my dresser to get a black cropped tank and folded that over my arm.

The next thing I grabbed were gray sweat pants, of course. I'd like to be comfortable in case this conversation was anything but that. Then, I grabbed some black air-forces.

After I put everything on, I looked down at myself with uncertainty. This is new. I've never dressed like this before. I started to feel insecure and was about to walk back into my closet when Kale bursts in my room.

I immediately covered my body, which was fully clothed, by the way.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled at him.

"What the fuck are you doing? You're dressed." He smirked, obviously amused. I drop my hands and stand up straighter. "Anyways, are you ready?"

"No, I'm about to change." I tell him, turning away. Then he grabbed my arm.

"Nope. You look great. I'm hungry. Come on." He dragged me out of my room. I was barely able to grab my phone, before he pushed me out and shut the door.

"You're annoying."

He just shrugged.

~~~~~~~~~~

We went to eat at some kind of burger place. It was a little dirty and I'm sure that this place would never pass an inspection, but I've learned to never judge a book by its cover. Unless the cover has fried off blonde hair and fake boobs, then you burn the book.

Also, Kale doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would like a place like this, considering his family is very wealthy, so I assumed it was very good.

It was also about thirty minutes out of town.

"What do you want, Brad?" Kale asked me as we walked up to the counter.

I look at the menu for a minute and shrug. "Surprise me. Just make sure there's bacon." I point at him. "I'll go get us a booth."