Chapter 33 - Now Or Never

Bradley

It's been eleven days since I told Kale I loved him.

Eleven.

Yes, I was counting.

I didn't regret it at all. In fact, it felt as if a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. He still hasn't said it back though.

But, that's okay.

My thoughts were cut off by my door slamming open and a distressed looking Damon walking in.

"May I help you?"

"I think I'm ready to tell the guys."

I sit up quickly. "You are? I mean - are you sure?"

He shut the door behind him, and walked over to my bed quickly flopping himself down. His head found its way into my lap, and I played with his hair as he seemed to go deep into thought.

"No. I'm not sure. But, I also hate keeping things from them too, ya know? I'm just scared of how they're going to react. Like, what will they think of me?"

I set my lips in a hard line as I looked down at him. "They won't think of you any differently, Damon. They're your friends, you've known them forever." I try my best to reassure him.

He sighs deeply. "I know. This just makes me so nervous."

"You don't have to tell them. Right now, at least." I shrug.

"I need to though. I'll feel a lot better when I do." He says. "Besides, I already told them all to come here. Other than Kale, cause he lives here. I just wanted to talk to you before I spill the beans."

"Is Collin coming too?"

"No. I thought I'd just let everything unfold one at a time. I'll see how they handle this and then I'll tell them."

Damon closes his eyes tightly. When he opens them again I could see tears coat his eyes. I lean down and wrap my arms around his neck hugging him tightly, while not choking him.

I felt him laugh beneath me, before I let go. "Imagine if I was pretending to be gay just to get close to you."

I scoff and hit his chest. "That'd be terrible."

"Lucky for you I actually like the guy." He groans loudly, clenching his fists. "This is so frustrating."

"Well, you have me and soon everyone else to get you through this." I pat his chest, then lean down and kiss his head. "I love you."

"I love you too."

We sit in silence for a few minutes before I hear my name being called.

"Bradley? You know where Damon is? He told all of us to meet him here." I heard Lucas call from the hallway.

I felt Damon stiffen, and he inhaled sharply.

"Only if you're ready." I whisper to him, to which he nodded stiffly.

"Now or never." He exhaled.

"Yeah, he's in here! Come on in." I shout back. I soon heard shuffling as everyone filed into my room one at a time.

Lucas, Jess, and Justin all went to sit on my small couch and Kale sat on my desk chair. I couldn't help but notice how displeased he looked at Damon and I'd positioning.