Chapter 13 - Secrets Shared

Picture above is Damon!!

We walk to the living room.

"Uh. . . sissy who are they?" Brandon asks.

"You would think he would like to know that before he kicks someones di-," I interrupt Justin.

"Okay then," I glare at him for almost cursing.

"Why are you talking? You called a little girl a slut." Jess laughs.

"Shut up. I was mad." I mutter. "Anyways. . ." I change the subject. "This is Jess,my friend, and the boys are Kale's friend. . .the one you kicked is Justin, that is Lucas, and that is Damon." I point to them.

"Oh, why are they here then?" Braden asks.

I take a deep breath "Well. . . I'm gonna tell Jess about what happened in our other home." I smile, nervously.

They look surprised, "R-really?"

I just nod. "Can we help?" Asks Braden.

My eyes widen, they wanna help? "Uh y-yeah." I stutter.

"Are we gonna tell them too?" Brandon points to the guys.

I look at them. Like I really look at them. They want to know. I know they do. And I want to tell them. I feel like I can trust them, even Kale. And that feeling I get when we touch doesn't help.

I clench my jaw, nervously, "Do. . . Do you want t-to?" I look at the twins.

They look at each other and then start whispering.

When they finish they look at me and nod, "I think we can trust them."

"Can we trust you guys?" I look at then, "Because if you tell anyone I'll have to leave, and I won't hesitate to."

"No! You can't leave." Jess shouts.

"You cannot tell anyone."

"We won't. I swear. Right boys?" She looks at them, pleading them either her eyes.

"Yeah, I like having a friend that's a girl. So, I won't." Justin smiles.

I look at Kale, Damon and Lucas. "I wont I like living with you." Kale blurts, "And it's not my place to tell." He tries to cover it up, by quoting me.

"We promise!" Damon and Lucas say together.

I sigh, "Fine, everyone sit down."

I look at them and take a deep breath. "Okay, so when I was 10 my mom died giving birth to Braden," I start. "My dad was very angry and bitter and started to--he would drink. Apparently it wasn't enough so he wanted to use Braden as a punching bag, because apparently she was the one who 'killed' my mom because she was the last born," I clench my fists. "He would try to hit her, but I never let him. . . I made him hit me instead."

I feel the tears coming. Jess hugs me. "What else happened?" She asked softly.

"Our daddy would hit sissy until she was asleep then he would tell us to clean her up and then he'd leave again." Brandon says.

"Yeah, and when she wakes up she would hug us and tell us she wouldn't leave us," Braden looks over at me.

I look at Jess, and tears are running down her face. "Did you ever. . .?" She trails off, gesturing to my arm.

I knew what she meant.

"No, I haven't. I have tried, but could never bring myself to do it." I look down.

"Has anyone ever told you they wouldn't leave you?" Kale asks. I look at him, and there are tears in his eyes.

"Everyone. But they always did."

I heard a big bang, I look up to see Damon clenching his fists. They were white. He shed two tears.

"Oh, my god." Jess exclaims, in a whisper. I just nod.

She then clears her throat. "Well, Bray. . . I will never leave you." She states.

My eyes snap to hers. "What?"

"You heard me, I will not ever leave you, or let anyone hurt you, okay?"

"Yeah." I mumble, unsure.

She raises my head, to meet her eyes.

"Okay." I say, louder.

"Good."

"And also at my old school, Cole my ex boyfriend, I really trusted him, I thought I loved him, I told him everything! And he turned around and told the whole school, that's why I didn't want to tell you guys." I look at the boys.

Justin gets up and hugs me, "We won't leave you shortcake, we will always be here if you need anything."

"Hey Bradley?" Kale says softly. I look up at him, "I won't leave you either, and I will also protect you." He smiles, a real smile. "Oh, and also Braden and Brandon." Kale smiles, and winks at them.

I laugh and look at the twins. "Look guys, it looks like we got a real family this time." I smile.

"Yay!" They cheer. It feels good to get this stuff off my chest, and to people I know I can trust.

I look over everyone's face and smile. They all look so happy, and I feel genuinely happy for the first time in years.

"Yo, Kale. You taught me how to smirk. I need to get that wink down for the ladies."

Oh, brother.

A/N:I hope you enjoy this chapter! It was fun to write! I will see you next chapter! I hope you like the upcoming ones. BYEEEE!!!!