Chapter 20 - My Mother

I kissed him.

I just wasted my first kiss.

But, is it really wasted if I enjoyed it?

I don't know how a kiss is supposed to go. I think it was the most amazing thing I've ever experienced. But then again I have nothing to compare it too.

And the way he kissed me, it was almost like he felt something for me. I know that he doesn't, but there was just so much passion about it. I'm glad I got to share my first kiss with him though. With one of my closest friends. It wasn't even awkward either.

But the fireworks. It was so much more intense then the sparks. And my stomach was flipped upside down. And it felt like I was floating, I felt so light. All my worries were gone. It was just me and him. It was amazing.

"Bradley." The sound of my name snaps me out of my thoughts. I look up to see Jess looking at me curiously. "What are you thinking about, girlie?"

I shrug, trying too act nonchalant, "Nothing."

She rolls her eyes and sits next to me, "I think you've mistaken me for someone who believes bullshit."

I laugh, "Seriously, it's nothing."

"As your friend I am not supposed to believe everything you say."

I sigh, "You won't drop it will you?" She leans back and shakes her head. "Kale and I kissed."

I have never seen anyone in my life get up as fast as she did in that very moment. "You did what!? When?"

I stand up with her, "Shut up! Keep your voice down." I put my hand over her mouth. "We were in the moment and it just happened. It was yesterday. But you can't tell anyone."

"Tell anyone what?" Damon came bursting into my room with the rest of the guys following.

"What? Are we keeping a secret?" That was Justin.

"What were you talking about?" Lucas asked. Kale was right behind him, looking confused.

I look at Jess with a pleading look.

"None of your business, damn." She rolls her eyes at them.

"So, we are keeping secrets now, huh?" Kale crosses his arms.

"I don't know, Kale. Are we?" Jessica raises an eyebrow.

His eyes widen in realization, he glances at me for a brief second. I bite my lip and cross my arms nervously. Then he looks at the guys, "It's probably not important. You know how girls can be."

"Whatever. We wanted to know if y'all wanted to go swimming with us."

I shrug, "Sure. We will meet you down there." I start pushing then out.

"What are you doing?" Damon asks.

"We need to change." Jess states matter-of-factly.

"That's the best part." He winks.

I roll my eyes and shove them into the hallway.

"I'm wearing one of yours."

"What else would you wear, Jess?" I scoff.

I go over to my dresser and pull out two bathing suits. One was black and strapless with neon green bottoms. The other top was hot pink with cuts in the middle that showed your cleavage. Matched with turquoise bottoms, the kind where you tie the sides.

I look over to Jess, she was examining them, "I will take the black. Pink isn't my color."

I grab mine and she grabs her and we change. I didn't really mind, we're both girls.