Chapter 34: Payback

Authors Note: Cringe warning!! Harry's an ass lmaoo. It gets better I promise

Harry watches as the condensation forms on the window next to him. His breath puffs against the glass, and his cheek presses against the cold surface. He turns his head at the sound of a throat being cleared.

His throat dries up when he sees someone standing outside of their train car. A certain Slytherin that he despises. He was able to forget about him for the last couple of months and live in bliss. 'Ignorant bliss,' as Hermione said but bliss, nonetheless. 

And then he is here, and everything comes swirling back. It smacks him in the face, and he scowls. His day is officially ruined. He was excited to finally return to Hogwarts for a repetition of their eighth year but now not so much. Seeing the blond made him realize that he will probably have to see him every day, which sours his stomach. 

Malfoy looks frozen, like he didn't even mean to stumble across Harry. Harry's lips turn down, and rage simmers. Malfoy has such a punchable face.

Harry's fists clench, and he has to hold himself back from jumping up and causing a scene. Why the fuck is Malfoy still staring at him?! Move along!

Harry knows that his emotions are showing on his face because Malfoy's expression changes to nervous. Harry turns away before he loses control. For some reason, every time Malfoy makes an appearance, whether it be in his mind or real life. Harry is filled with uncontrollable rage. It seeps out of him and into the room, and it feels like static electricity. He knows the people in the car can feel it. The air is tense.

"Harry-" Someone starts, but he cuts them off.

"Don't start. He can fuck off. I don't want to have to deal with him after everything I have been through." He looks at Hermione, who frowns. She spent a while trying to convince him that Draco wasn't bad, that he has changed. She tried to tell Harry that he shouldn't forget what they had. He shouldn't give up so easily.

Harry mentally scoffs. 

He doesn't want to be anywhere near someone who taunted them for years. The only thing that Harry remembers about Malfoy is that he is a vicious bully with daddy issues. Why would Harry want to be around someone like that? Someone who made his life a living hell.

Malfoy made it his mission to torture Harry, and Harry can't help but think that whatever happened between them was all a ploy. It just seems so unbelievable that Malfoy could even express or feel emotions. Maybe it was to get some secret out of Harry? Or to kill him.

There is just no way that he could have fallen for that- that- fucking ferret! Was Harry out of his damn mind? Draco Malfoy is the enemy, and he always will be. Past Harry must have been drugged or manipulated or something.

Harry is determined not to make those same mistakes again.

Losing the memories changed him. Harry is a different person with different feelings. He may have had a thing for Draco Malfoy in the past, but he sure doesn't anymore.

All that he feels for the blond is hate and a tinge of confusion. He is acting like a kicked puppy, and it is getting on Harry's nerves. Where is that sneer? Where is the wicked smirk and racist remarks? It's rather unsettling. He is probably just upset about getting caught as a Death Eater. Whatever happened between them can't have been that serious. But Harry can't help but feel that Malfoy's expression is because of him.

Malfoy turns away and moves out of his line of sight. Harry feels like he can breathe properly because of it.

It's easier just to let the memories go, let Malfoy go.