Chapter 9: Conflicting Feelings

It has been two months since their last tutoring session.

Draco has gotten his grades up, so he doesn't feel like he needs to study with Potter anymore. Slughorn never bothers him about it anyway.

Draco has been avoiding Harry since that day. He just- He doesn't know what to say or do or how to act. He can remember it vividly. Draco shudders as he remembers running out of the library.

His heart was beating so loudly he wondered if others could hear it. He ran towards the Slytherin common room in the dungeon. When he got there, only a few people were there. He slammed the door shut behind him. Thankfully no one was in his dorm. He yanked the curtains around his bed, did a few silencing spells, and then sat there.

What the fuck just happened? He thought.

Draco had grimaced. He really shouldn't have these thoughts about another male, especially not Harry. His father would murder him if he knew what he was thinking about.

Draco did a double-take in his head. Since when did he refer to him as Harry? It's Potter. They weren't friends! They were enemies, and Draco kept having to remind himself that.

Draco realized that he had been referring to Potter as Harry in his head all day that day. Maybe even before that! Oh, Merlin. He groaned. This was not good. Not good at all.

Draco started freaking out in his head and did the only thing he could. He lashed out at Potter and went back to his old ways. Draco was trying to be better. Less judgmental and more accepting of others. But he didn't know what to do, He was having these strange thoughts, and they freaked him the fuck out.

And since then, he has gone out of his way to avoid Potter. If he sees him walking down the halls chatting with his friends, Draco will run into an empty classroom. One time he accidentally walked in on two students making out. Draco got hexed as he ran out of the room with pink cheeks.

As he was exiting the room, Draco had just so happened to run into Potter. They bumped right into each other, noses near touching. Draco screeched; it was a rather strange sound.

It sounded like a strangled animal, and Draco was not proud of it at all. Then Potter grabbed him by the arm, and it was like a jolt of electricity flowed through them. Draco flinched, but Harry wouldn't let him go.

"Malfoy, we need to talk."

Draco's eyes had widened, and he did the only sensible thing he could think of, he slapped Potter's hand off and hightailed it out of there.

Potter yelled at him, but Draco didn't stop.

Then to top it all off, he ran right into Blaise. But Draco continued running.

"Oi Draco! Where are you going?" Blaise yelled after him.

"Anywhere but here!" Draco responded without looking back. Draco ran to the astronomy tower. It was a good place to think, too good.

He sat near the edge, a bit too close, but Draco didn't care.

He sat there for a while, thinking. He was baffled about the whole situation. With Harry-. No, Draco shook his head. Potter. They weren't friends.

And Draco still is quite confused. No matter how many times he goes to the astronomy tower to think, he is still confused. These feelings felt unnatural.

Draco twirls his fork as he sits in the Great Hall. He is a bit nauseous. Just thinking about the whole situation makes him feel sick. He hasn't been eating properly. He sighs and sets the utensil down. It's of no use.

Then he looks up and is met with a pair of familiar eyes. The ones that he has been avoiding like the plague. Draco startles, but Potter doesn't break eye contact. Draco looks away quickly, like the coward he is. This has happened too many times now. They keep catching each other's eyes. Every time Draco looks up at Potter, it happens.