Chapter 41: Not Yet

It feels like butterflies are landing on his skin. He must still be dreaming. They're so soft and feather-light as they trail up his neck slowly, leisurely. No, it's not butterflies. It's something else. Tingles erupt in his stomach and across his skin before he is fully awake and realizes what is going on.

"Mmm," he hums sleepily as he lays there, enjoying the tender feeling.

It feels like lips, like soft kisses, are being pressed against his skin. Hands start making slow circles against his skin that prickles and shivers from the contact, and then-

Wait...hands?!?

Someone is wrapped around his body, their legs intertwined. Who is that?

Harry blinks open his eyes as panic starts to sink in. Where is he? This is not the dorm ceiling.

Then Harry realizes that he is naked, and anxiety flares. Where the fuck are his clothes? Where the hell is he? Did he get drunk again? He tries to remember the details of how he got here, but it's fuzzy, and it makes his head hurt.

He doesn't feel hungover, so what the hell is happening?

Harry can't remember anything. He can't-

He yelps loudly when a violent pain pierces his skull. He can't remember. What- what happened? Where is he? Why can't he remember? Why can't he remember anything?

"Harry?" A concerned voice asks.

He looks over to see someone sitting up slowly. His eyes blur and unfocus as his head pounds. Who is that? For fuck sake, focus! His eyes can't seem to latch onto who it is, and his head hurts so badly.

He groans as his hands go to his head. What the fuck is happening?

"Harry- hun, what's wrong?"

He knows that voice. He knows that hair. He-

Harry feels like vomiting. Noises and colors and lights and pain flash everywhere. He is overwhelmed.

He's not in bed anymore.

He blinks, and he's on the ground.

He blinks, and he's sitting on the couch. Somehow he must have put on clothes.

What is happening to him?!

Someone screams.

His voice is hoarse.

His hands shake. His legs shake. His eyes shake.

His brain rattles around in his skull.

Hands. Hands grab at him, and he tries to push them off. Everything is so bright.

A crash.

Blood.

He blinks at his palms. His blood. Or is it someone else's blood? It's hard to tell.

It's smeared on the wall. It's smeared on the couch. It's on the ground. It drips from the ceiling. It pours out of the walls. It floods the floor. He's choking on it. He's dying.

He's melting.

His brain is melting. 

He falls to his knees. Warm liquid. He feels like he's swimming. Is he underwater? Is he drowning?

"Harry!"

Everything snaps into focus at the sound of his name. He blinks and looks over at a shaking Malfoy with dark red liquid on his hands. Harry looks down. The liquid is there too.

He looks back up.

"What..."

Tears streak down Malfoy's face. How odd, he didn't think Malfoy was even capable of human emotion. He looks around the room.