TD [40] All According To Plan

Chapter Forty

Pearce met up once again with Renée, Sierra and Jessie on the school grounds that early Monday morning for a quick rounding up meeting. All the arrangements had been made and the plan to trick Gigi into coming to the venue unbeknownst of the surprise was an invite to eat out at a Mexican joint she'd frequent which was reserved for the party. Pearce honestly found that such a plan would be easily outed, but knowing his girlfriend- she probably wouldn't see through it.

"You thought of what you're gonna get for Georgia?" Jessie asked as he and Pearce proceeded to the entrance doors.

"Yeah." Pearce replied, knowing what was to follow. "And no, I'm not telling you what it is."

"Why not? Is it something really sappy?" Jessie suspected with a smirk. "I won't laugh, I promise."

"I'm not telling."

"Aww, Come on."

"No." Pearce still refused but that made his friend all the more eager to know.

"Okay, what if I guess what it is and you just say if I'm right?"

Before Pearce could answer Jessie's proposal, a voice caught their attention. "Pearce!"

The boys swivelled their gaze to Daniel striding towards them. When Pearce attempted to keep walking, Jessie cuffed his elbow to prevent him.

"Don't." said Jessie.

"I don't want to be anywhere near that guy, Jessie." Outside of the party planning, Pearce had no intentions of tolerating Daniel's presence. Not to mention, being round his place to hang out yesterday too. Granted, it was easier since there was more pleasant company around but still.

"I know you said he's twisted but trying to dodge him like that isn't gonna help get rid of him." said Jessie.

"Whatever. Let go."

"You know what it'll look like to him? Like you're admitting he's a threat. That you're intimidated by him."

Jessie knew he had Pearce deterred to flee by that statement and Pearce no longer held any opposition as Daniel approached.

"Hey." He started.

"Hey." Jessie politely returned. Pearce couldn't call his friend's smile fake because Jessie smiled the same way to everyone. Despite knowing Daniel was despicable which slightly pissed Pearce. "What's up?"

"I wanted to have a quick word with Pearce." said Daniel.

"Sure. No problem." Jessie answered before Pearce could speak.

"I'll see you later." Jessie dropped his hold on the boy, patting his shoulder before descending down the hall.

Pearce somehow felt like he'd been duped and forced his eyes to meet the smug bastard before him. "What is it?"
Thankfully, Daniel didn't beat around the bush like the previous time. "Did you tell Gigi something about me?"

"What?"

"She's acting weird." stated Daniel.

"Is there a time she doesn't?" Pearce retorted.

"Different weird." Daniel clarified. "So tell me what you said to her."

Pearce stared, eyebrows slightly furrowed as he wondered what this guy was searching for. "Nothing." He said flatly. "This may come as a shock to you but I don't consider you worth talking about to my girlfriend and if she ever brings you up in conversation, I tune her out."

"You guys must not talk often then." Daniel sneered.

Pearce rolled his eyes. "Look, I don't know what you want from me and whatever 'issue' you think is going on with my girlfriend towards you, isn't my problem. So why don't you just go ask her yourself? Since you're such 'good friends'?"