TD [15] Memes To The Rescue

Are you tired from running through my dreams every night?

Chapter Fifteen

The door edged open and Gigi looked to see Daniel popping his head in with a small smile.

"Hey. Can I come in?"

Gigi nodded. "I thought you were watching Spider man with Brooklyn."

"He fell asleep so I took him up to his bed," Daniel explained, plopping down on Gigi's bed.

"I think he was making himself stay awake since you're around," said Gigi. "He's really missed you."

"I missed him too," Daniel replied, glancing around the room. He noticed one big difference since his last visit. "Hey, what happened to your posters?"

"Hmm?"

"Your posters. You had tons all over your wall of movies and actors," he recalled.

"Oh, I took them down."

Daniel frowned. "Why?"

"I'm planning to repaint the walls," Gigi claimed. "Plus, most of them were too old."

"Oh, okay." By the studying look he gave her, he knew Gigi was lying but decided to leave it be for now. "Man, it feels like I haven't been here in ages."

"Yeah," she agreed. She recalled the days Daniel would come round at least three times a week for dinner. He was like a fifth member of the family.

"Does your dad still come back from work around six?" Daniel questioned.

"Yeah, but sometimes he comes back a little later. You can stay for another hour."

"Nah, I'll be on my way soon," said Daniel, sounding just as upset as Gigi felt. "I can't take a risk and end up running into him. I've already been exiled from this place. Just think of what he'd do if he found me in your room."

"Yeah, that'd be bad." She frowned, imagining her dad's reaction. It was like just Daniel coming around now felt like a crime all thanks to her dumb mistake. She hated it.

Almost like he could read her what was going through her mind, Daniel rested his head on Gigi's lap, grabbing her attention. "I'm sure we'll all look back at this and laugh one day eventually. It's not gonna be permanent."

Gigi gave him a hopeful smile. "Of course."

"Hopefully that day will be before your dad's annual barbecue party in summer. I love his ribs."

Gigi chuckled. "Yeah, that'd be nice."

She ran her hands along his thick, blonde locks lightly. He shut his eyes, enjoying the soothing feeling of her fingers as he got comfortable. They sat in silence like that for a while.

"So what was the deal with that guy who was here when I came?" Daniel brought up.

"Pearce?"

"Yeah, he was giving me a glare worse than Sapphire's."

"He's not so bad. A little rude at times and weird but a really nice guy where it counts."

"You sound fond of him."

"... I do, don't I?"

Daniel didn't miss the hint of anxiousness in her tone. Gigi untangled her fingers from his hair as he shifted, raising his head up to meet her eyes. "Something you wanna talk about?" He questioned.

"No, it's fine. I don't wanna-"

"Gigi." Daniel held her hand. "You always listened to me. Let me return the favour."