TD [FINAL] Departures

Final Chapter

Running seemed like the best, sensible option. Run away from whatever was behind that door in her room, call the police of an intruder and wait.

Except the chances were high that he'd be gone once the police arrived. Besides, if he'd managed to sneak into her house, he could do it again and who was to say she'd be fortunate enough to detect his presence next time?

She couldn't let there be a next time. The hauntings, the confusion and everything else would end now.

Gigi held her breath as her shaky hands extended and grasped the door handle. The door edged open and she no longer had anything to shield her from him.

His eyes as blue and clear as ever.

For the first few seconds, she contemplated on whether this was all an illusion. Then he spoke.

"Hey, G." The usual confidence in his greeting absent.

It was no illusion. Daniel Le Noir was standing in her bedroom. Gigi did her best to keep her breathing under control.

"You look good." He commented. "Great job on the play, too."

"You, you were at the play?" Gigi stammered.

"Not literally. I caught a clip someone uploaded." He stated. "I couldn't go there and risk people seeing me. I never thought I'd say this but I didn't want to be the centre of attention."

Gigi kept a distance, sticking close to her wall. "How did you get in?"

"I climbed up the garage with some crates lying around and went in through the window."

Gig glanced at her window that was cracked wide open. "So you broke in."

"I didn't break in. The window was already open and besides, it's not like I could walk through the front door without your dad bashing my head in." He argued.

"So you just so happened to not-break in when nobody else is around?" Gigi queried, skeptical.

Daniel swallowed, shuffling his feet. "I've kind of been keeping an eye on you for a bit."

Gigi touched her phone hidden in her back pocket. 911 ready on speed dial. "Like, stalking me?"

"No. Not in that way." He denied. "Yeah, I was watching you but that was only to find an opportunity to be alone. Someone always just seemed to be there. Franny, Sierra or Renée. Your boyfriend- his friends or even your family. It was hard to approach. I tried calling to meet up."

"Then why didn't you stick to that?"

"You didn't answer. I figured you might not agree to meet me even if I begged so I had to think of another way."

"This is your other way?"

"It worked, didn't it?" He shot back.

"Well bravo." Gigi muttered sarcastically. "Now why are you here, Daniel?"

He dropped his gaze, dragging a hand along the back of his neck. "To apologise for hitting you. I'm so sorry, Georgia. I didn't mean to do that-

"No, you just meant to do that to Pearce." She countered, surprising herself with the surge of bravery.

"Yeah, that's true." Daniel admitted. "I just... felt so angry and that guy has seriously got to be the most annoying asshole on the planet."

"Well at least he didn't lie to me constantly and drag me around like he owned me."

An expression flickered on on Daniel's face. His complexion sublime and envying like always but now it suddenly became a little pale. Like she'd struck a nerve. His broad shoulders squared. "I... didn't know what I was doing to you, Georgia. I wanted to help you."