TD [13] Peter Pan Sucks Anyway

If beauty were time, you'd be eternity.

Chapter Thirteen

Daniel sat with one leg crossed over the other, sending a wink to the sophomore girl as she walked down from the stage.

"Alright, that's the last one," Mr. Omar announced after double checking the list.

The final auditions for the lead heroine of the play had come to an end. Sapphire, Daniel and Ira— a fellow member of the drama club were the only members to come and observe the last try outs with their teacher.

"So what did you guys think?" Mr. Omar questioned.

Sapphire was slouched down in her seat, rubbing her temples in an exhausted manner. No audible response to the question.

"Wow, if Saph isn't even making a comment then she really hated them," Ira deducted. "And I'll be frank: yeah, they were all lacking."

"Hey, the last girl was pretty nice," Daniel said.

"Dan, we're talking about their skill-not their boobs," Ira said snidely, rewarding him a snicker from Sapphire.

"That just proves you were checking them out too," Daniel shot back.

"That only proves I have eyes. I'm not just here to find new girls to prey on."

"Guys, cut it out," Mr. Omar intervened. "Now, I think none of them were bad but they were a little bland. Which leaves us with the five we singled out from Thursday and Friday."

"I still think Saph should do it," Ira insisted.

"I agree, Sapphire would be brilliant for it," Mr. Omar concurred. "But she's said she's strictly sticking on the props crew."

"Can't you do both?" Ira questioned her.

Sapphire shook her head. "I've got the upcoming debate team matches to attend. I don't have time to juggle prop arrangements and then rehearsing. Peter Pan sucks anyway. No offense, Mr. Omar."

"That's a pity, you'd have looked real good in the night gown," Daniel commented with a smirk and Sapphire rolled her eyes at it. "But I think we're all forgetting the one person who's available, loves classic tales and perfect for the part."

"You better not be talking about Gibson," snapped Ira. "I admit, she's really talented but unfortunately, she's also a train wreck."

Daniel instantly snarled at the boy.

"Need I remind you how she messed up our play last fall and it nearly got cancelled right before opening day?" Ira brought up. "Mr. Omar, are you ready to risk everyone's hard work going to waste again?"

Just as Daniel was about to retort, Sapphire beat him to it. "Ira don't talk about what you don't know. It's not intelligent. You really believe Georgia Gibson was capable of doing that? You're giving her too much credit."

Ira fell silent at that and Sapphire could sense Daniel's eyes on her but she didn't dare to make contact.

"Daniel I also believe Georgia would be a perfect fit. Even despite the... 'complications' that arose last time," Mr. Omar assured him. "I'd happily keep the spot open for longer than today and proceed with casting the other roles. But we can't give the role to her when she says she doesn't even want to audition."

Daniel was aware of all that. Truthfully, he showed up to the auditions in hopes that Gigi would appear at the entrance doors to declare she was auditioning like the protagonist did in the movies at the very last minute. However, it seemed he was thinking too unrealistically.